• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Choices choices

Wayno

So after really enjoying running my scout at Black Rocks yesterday I would like to take rock crawling a bit further. I'm not too sure what direction to go in though. I'd like to give comps a go some day. My choices are...

I have already moded my Scout, do I take it further and spend more knowing its never going to become a comp rig.

Buy something capable out of the box like the LCC (although I can't find one for sale anywhere, what the deal, do Losi still make them?)

Build a MOA (xr10) and commit to spending A LOT.

Any advice or suggestions?

Ta,

Wayne

Edited by Wayno

if you want to enter comps the losi cc is not the way forward.....

you want a m.o.a rig and i believe the enroute berg is the way to go but......factor in around 600-1000 to have a competitive rig.

otherwise is the scale route, you can enter comps with these too (little more laid back) you could enter a scale comp with a box stock axial scx10 and be competitive, the scale scene is more about your driving style and truck so gives a little more to think about...... :thumbsup:

I suppose going the scale route I could continue on with the scout as a base. New shocks, chassis and a body would be the start?

would be a great start mate :thumbsup:

first thing i would do though is find something you like the look of or some idea of what you want to build and go from there...... :thumbsup:

but in essence a chassis and body are the main things to turn it into a scaler :thumbsup:

Great advice there :thumbsup:

Comps aside, the only thing i will add is that where you drive and what you drive on plays a MASSIVE amount in how much fun your crawler is.

If you don't have lots of very difficult technical rocky outcrops to drive on you may well get bored quickly with something like a XR10, as stuff that needs a bit of skill and flare with a scaler a XR10 would just ride straight over like a speed bump at McDonalds.

It's the same the other way.

I really started to get bored with my Losi Mini rock crawler (MRC) as i could only find either trails on which a scaler would be great or really gnarly rocky sections where the MRC stood no chance.

So it might be worth thinking about where your likely to be driving it as comps aside it does make a MASSIVE difference.