• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Can I run my car with broken fan?

FG Oli

Hi guys I would really love to get my car out in the snow tomorrow (if we get it!!) but 2 weeks ago I broke the fan and 5 of the fan blades are missing due to a stone and im am not sure weather running the car with this will damage the engine bearing or not due to the fan not being balanced If so then If i used aroldite (how ever you spell it) to temporally put them back on then would this harm the car for an hour or 2 use. If not I will resist using it but would be great if i could. Haven't been able to get a fan as there are none on the bay at the moment!!

Here is a pic of the fan, sorry bad quality due to phone.

2013-01-12130750.jpg

Many thanks in return Oli

If it was me it would be a big NO NO,the vibration would be mad and it's not worth trying cause it would probably ruin your engine aswell,don't know about glue though they do spin pretty fast.just wait and buy a new one :)

I would cut down the fan blades on the opposite side to help rebalance it. Perfection is not necessary.

Watched a program where a dragster racer got hold of a damaged turbine engine from a military jet and he rebalanced using that technique, if it worked for him you should be okay?

You take a chance running it like that. Won;t destroy your motor ( probably) but it will stress the bearings.

It's not just one brokenb blade, it's a whole chunk together. The flywheel will be out of balance, and at the speeds these motors rev, that's not good. I'd get onto Abbots or IRC and buy one. If it's posted first class, you may get it for the weekend.

Ok thanks for the quick replys guys i will definitly get a new one but i know its to late now for the weekend just ebay there have been none! I will prob try and resist i think!

Thanks again guys thought it would be a no no

:-(

Sent from my GT-I5500 using Tapatalk 2