• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

creativechris racing career. step by step report.

creativechris

Many electric races or is it mostly nitro?

Do you mean 8th electric? Usually about 8 electric racers. Sometimes about 50% of us. Never had an electric only race tho,they just mix us all together!

• 2 weeks later...

stripped the car down today, new oils in all the diffs and gave the car a good check over.

after possibly the worst start of the racing career in the history of losi racing, the car has faired very well in deed. despite many fast collisions with jumps and wooden posts, the car in unscaved to my surprise.

no rust on the car, no real damage to any of the parts other than 1 rounded screw which was down to my incompetence anyway the car is in the perfect nick.

next to order is a new air filter, wing mount + wing, fuel and a decent charger.

here is a video from one of the weekends it endured at swindon. very wet however extremely good fun! but i must advise to water proof the electrics as best you can.

yeah by all means mate, its cracking day miles better than bashing IMO.

However I don't think il be going for a while simply due to what i need.

Fuel

wing

wing mount

charger

engine mount screws

and a decent engine heater with 12v battery.

But, if your considering racing, bring the hyper by all means but you will quickly realise the potential with starter box's, after a days racing your arm will fall off believe me haha!

where abouts do you live may i ask mate? if its on route to bath (ish) then i don't mind going the extra and bringing you with me, be nice to catch up anyways as its been a while! haha :)

Edited by creativechris

• 2 weeks later...

Chris have you ever been racing here you can practise any day of the week for a fiver

Opened in 2009, we have had made major changes for 2010 and are inviting racers and bashers to come along and try out this new circuit.

The circuit offers a variety of large jumps, dirt, grass and astro, drivers rostrum, raised pitlane, AMBrc timing, PA system, onsite toilets and trackside shop (supported by The Gas Cupboard Models & Hobbies).

Meetings are held on Sundays from 10.00am to 2.00pm at:

Springleaze
Farleigh Road (A366)
Norton St Philip
Somerset
BA2 7NG

Any questions, pleaze ask here or PM me. 

www.springleaze.co.uk