• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Project : MERV basher - In search of perfection

rcaddict

Ahh right, yes I see now ;)

Sounds great, any more revisions planned or do you intend on testing further?

I am going to keep this setup for now unless a change is needed. Currently these arms have cost me almost twice that of RPM just in material haha.

The next step is this (cross drilling has not been done yet):

Can anyone guess what it'll be used for?

10 Points for that man who guesses right!

P1130761.jpg

A bit of an update, although this one is mostly cosmetic. there is also a bit of work for ESC/Receiver arrangement too.

Really sorry for the poor quality photos my camera charger packed in! as a result I am using my phone (GSMARENA reckons the Xperia S has one of the best phone cameras on the market, What a load of BULL SHIZZLE)

IMG_20130123_133825.jpg

IMG_20130123_133841.jpg

STEAMING hot bath of RIT dye!

IMG-20130123-WA0008.jpg

DSC_1066.jpg

DSC_1067.jpg

DSC_1068.jpg

DSC_1069.jpg

• Like 2

okay So I did something a bit stupid and proberbly dangerious but I rigged up a very rudimentary charging saddle to charge my 2s LiOn battery from my camera on my RC charger haha...But IT WORKED!

So here are some better photos along with a picture of the new power plant.

and the newly painted alloy rockers!

P1130766.jpg

P1130767.jpg

Edited by rcaddict
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have you made any more progress? It is looking awesome :thumbsup:

Where did you get the big bore shocks from? Tempted to get another Revo VXL myself, first thing I'd replace is the shocks as the stock ones aren't any good.

Wow, I forgot I never updated this and yeah I have finished it!

The shocks are modified TT-01 shocks, I changed the rod ends, pistons colars and the shock mounts.

Ill get pics up soon!

Seeing your work makes me feel silly for feeling good after ball-racing my DT-02 and fitting a 540. *imitates Wayne and Garth* "We're not worthy, we're scum".

Seeing your work makes me feel silly for feeling good after ball-racing my DT-02 and fitting a 540. *imitates Wayne and Garth* "We're not worthy, we're scum".

Sorry mate, i was and many other members was once in your place.

Its time, effort and a-lot of patience which got me as far as I am today.

Sorry mate, i was and many other members was once in your place.

Its time, effort and a-lot of patience which got me as far as I am today.

No need to be sorry bud, you're providing us all with inspiration. This project and the FoFF one are just awesome.

Great build bud. Watching closely.

Now you have the pattern for the hubs, arms etc are you planning knocking up some more to sell?

I could proberbly do the odd one or two but they are very time consuming and I could not compete with prices of those like RPM etc I think this may put a-lot of people off.

The reason I am asking is due to a little build I got going on. I am making the best of what I got with my brushless mini summit and turning it into a sort of crawler. The truck could use more length and have been looking a the set back arms. And to put it more simply.... Yours are better.lol.