• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

= SirusDviruS's Hyper = ITS EVOLVED! (Updated)

SirusDviruS

EDIT: Last page for latest pics

A Hyper 7 roller I liked the look of came up FS on the forum, so I bought it :D

oh1.jpg

Although I didn't know it yet, she was in fantastic condition. Props to the seller!

Time to get it fully stripped, cleaned & a new chassis plate for that new car feel! All radio and engine gear fitted:

cf1.jpg

cf2.jpg

Ansmann AR .21 (re-branded Force .21)

Answer RC vented flywheel

Answer RC vented clutch bell

Hong Nor alloy shoes

==========================================

Bryon air filter, Had to cut most the window out to stop the filter fouling the linkages with the shell on. Was a pain but on the bright side now it has a cold air feed

h1.jpg

Hyper 9? Exhaust and manifold. Polished it and lost the Hyper logo. Nice upgrade over a Ansmann one! Ebay bargain.

h2.jpg

Had to trim the shell a bit for the new manifold. New sexy shock sox too

hg.jpg

Virus front bumper (no holes), wheels & spoiler. Nicer than Hyper ones IMO. Virus 2 front ARB with hyper 7 mounting hardware.

hgggg.jpg

hddddd.jpg

Power HD 9001 (throttle)

Power HD 1501 (steering)

Front Asia Tees brace not fitting! PBS steering torque plate on the way to rectify:

bcbcbcbc.jpg

fffff.jpg

nnnnnnn.jpg

jjjjjjj.jpg

Waiting to be fitted, 12.9 arm bolts + GPM upper bulk:

hhyyhh.jpg

Planned upgrades???

Nanda blocks, capped wheel nuts, ST Pro CNC front & rear shock towers, maybe some road rims too http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/hahadance.gif Extra chassis braces from box's to diff housing.

Edited by SirusDviruS
  • Like 1

Bit of an update :)

Diff oil time! Went for Fastrax from MS:

oilset.jpg

5k - 7k - 2k

Opened up the diff's to find a suitable amount of stock grease, unlike the desert dry diff's I found when I first stripped the Virus! Good show Habao.

dirtydiff.jpg

Fully stripped and cleaned:

Cleandiff.jpg

Test fitted the 12.9 arm bolts to get measurements with washers and nuts. Need to cut down to 73mm :) :

armbolts.jpg

NANDA BLOCKS.... ROARRRRRR! Should help next time I take it to the woods. It was skating all over the place last time. :

blocks1.jpg

block2.jpg

Still waiting on my PBS torque plate from HK :( ready to rock and roll when it arrives. Looking forward to some snow. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing how much it looks like a virus with the ansmann parts on it but looks good

Aye, I think it's mainly the distinctive green AR21 :) Ansmann parts curently fitted are:

TX/RX

front bumper

Engine

Wing

Front ARB.

They are near identical vehicles as you know concerning parts compatibility. I still miss my Virus a little! It was a soldier!

Edited by SirusDviruS

Been alright for me :) what didnt you like about it?

I do fancy an LRP when it dies, nearly bought one off the forum yesterday. I'm only a basher mind and it's doing the job just fine at the mo.

Edited by SirusDviruS

Done a bit more to the Hyper since the last update :thumbsup:

Got very dirty after the last bash:

dirty.jpg

Also did this (whoops):

bent.jpg

Que full strip down and rebuild (cant stand having a dirty RC!):

strip.jpg

New 12.9 wing bolts, shouldnt bend these suckas!:

129.jpg

Shell was getting tatty:

shell.jpg

Masked up:

masked.jpg

Tamiya PS1:

white.jpg

5 wheel silver:

silver.jpg

Bought a battery monitor to take a bit of the guess work out of it! Bargain bit of kit for

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

** UPDATES **

It's been a long time since I've updated this thread!

Apart from a Picco P3 .28 the hyper has remained pretty much the same. I've got it dialed in just how I like it, really happy with it.

Decided its time to treat it to a FULL rebuild (every nut and bolt), some bling :D, some hop ups and a new power plant!

Found a few knackered bits that need replacing too (clutch bell bearing, exhaust gasket, throttle servo) nothing drastic :)

Here's some teasers:

B62F62AA-AD02-41AF-8A49-8561354E8A80_zps

D067D3FD-D5C4-4A19-95D9-ACBCC082A9CB_zps

BE835D15-8AE2-4666-8DB0-0C7B9495376D_zps

Edited by SirusDviruS