• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

DX6i - worth getting?

soane

I'm pretty happy with the progress I'm making with my MSR and I've read that a DX6i makes a hugh difference in it's flyability so is it worth me investing in one? Bearing in mind that I may advance onto CP's in the future.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hi its ok for cp Helis,i use one on trex500,& also Hirobo scale Helis,but as jabba1 says the 7 or the 8 will be a better one if you can get hold of them in a price to suit,but the 6 is a good buy.

Goldman :030:

I bought a Dx6i .... and if all you have flown with before is a stock controller....be prepared for a surprise.

A nice one.

It's only when you fly with a 'proper' radio that you realise how floppy, imprecise and mushy the stock controllers are. I struggled to take off smoothly with my SR120 on the stock radio, and I assumed it was just me....but it was the radio. I was having to put in so much stick input to counteract the ground effect etc. that I was all over the place. With the DX6, I just didn;t need to. I could make fine adjustments to keep it level with no drama and no overcontrolling.

Sure...the DX7 and 8 will be better.... but you can buy a new DX6 controller only to bind to Blade helis for around

the dx6 is a nice piece of kit and you will notice a diferance using it over the stock tx , of course the 7 or 8 have more features but i would wait till your into the bigger birds for 1 of those as you wont need a 7th channel till you go nitro for the governor or need retracts for a scale fuselage

Well got a new DX6i from Hobby Corner in Wrexham this afternoon, can't wait to get it home and try it out.

i dont think you will be disapointed with it :thumbsup:

just remember when you add fixed pitch heli's to it that you add them as aircraft and not heli ( its only usually collective pitch helis that go in as helli )

Kings lyns modle shop was were I got mine from, make sure you get a screen protecter as well, as they scracth really easy and its defo worth the protecter...arrived in 48hr after payment so very quick.

http://www.kingslynn..._187/index.html

At

Edited by TheCollectiveAnt
  • Like 1

Well I had a good old play with the DX6i this afternoon and I have to say it is very cool. Got some settings off Helifreaks and I'm gaining confidence with every battery.

Cheers joe bailey, will need one ASAP as I have just bugged myself a blade 120sr once I'm used to my mcx

full range is allways better,if you can afford it and if there space to fit it

400-500 meters (park flyer) is a long way on a 1200mm wingspan plane, i can imagine it just being a spec in the sky. lol.

But since there is 1 full range and 2 park flyer ones as part of the package I will use the long range one, untill i get a bigger plane that needs it.

I will eventually be building a Guillows rubber powered plane as a leccy conversion that will be tight on space so the park flyer ones will be good for that.

I had considered the TX only option posted and get orange RX but the extra