• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Dual Rate

Moonwolf

Being reasonably new to the more recent Transmitters (2.4). Could somebody explain what dual rate is, and what it does? :imstupid: I must admit I am totally in the dark about this :confused: Many thanks

Expo and dual rate are todo with stick or trigger and wheel movement basically it lets you adjust the amount of control movement to move the servo/esc x amount

Iirc dual rate lets you split the stick movement into two parts ie the first 25% of control movement is slow and the next 75% of the control movement fast

Of course you can set the percentage to how you want them

Edited by flash22

Cheers Flash, now I understand. :good: That's a really useful gadget to have. I've been looking to switch to 2.4 and they pack so much into them now, so many thanks.

Isn't that what the servo saver is for? or have I got that wrong. I can see the real benefits of being able to customise your car to the circuit you're on. I suppose it won't be long before we can adjust the brake bias too, or am I that far behind the times

you want to set dual rate so you can get full lock on each side then set the to back it off a little so that you dont strain your servo :D

That's EPA - End Point Adjustment

Edited by Leo

Isn't that what the servo saver is for? or have I got that wrong.

The servo saver is designed to protect the servo gears from damage if you have a crash and the wheels hit something ( whilst they are turned ). It is not designed to prevent you from turning the wheels too far ( the servo may have more throw than the actual steering mech does as it were ). ajlovering is correct on what dual rates are actually for & what they do- giving you 2 options for how far the steering turns ( useful for speed runs where you want less steering throw in order to make smaller adjustments to your direction, and useful for bashing/racing where you maximum steering for better handling ).

Exponential adjusts how quickly the steering reacts at any given input amount ( like throttle curve essentially ), and EPA sets how far the steering can turn as a whole- with dual rates you can set 2 different EPA amounts.

Christ this is getting complicated :shockingscary: I didn't realise all these things could be done. I'll have to do a bit of research on which transmitter to get. Thanks for the input guys, this is good stuff