• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Tank Discussion Thread

.AJ.

AJ, smart as chips indeed buddy....I've got two of the first release Hen Long Tigers and both now don't run, owing to poor quality plastics, which sucks.....

re the camo - you can spray carefully using a hand held mask made from torn paper/kitchen roll to give the blurred edges. In combat, crews painted their own tanks with whatever they could find, if stock paint supplies were unavailable, so a neat finish is too clinical...

I think you should buy modelling putty and then add the Zimmerit, to the turret anyways....make it in sheets on the bench and then adhere to the tank, simples!

When you've done that, I have a 1/6th scale Tiger 2 which is waiting to be built, painted and could be fitted with r/c......probably the only mint and unbuilt one anywhere actually, so maybe not :tease:

Here's mine as it sits currently...

011-2.jpg

009-1.jpg

004-2.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-2.jpg

008-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

and a wee one, which charges from the base using AA batteries....hence why that never runs either, but unlike the Hen Long, it does move under it's own power....

001-2.jpg

002-3.jpg

In reference to earlier posts re 'why all German?', the reason is that it sells, especially on the continent and the USA. Despite the fact that collectors of scale military items, in the UK especially, want more Allied stuff, the large manufacturers (such as Dragon models) ignore this, chuck out some token efforts to apease customers but go on repeatedly making Axis gear cos that's what sells....

As for Italian tanks, like those of the French, they only go in reverse (I fank you) :tease: Even the Germans gave up using Italian tanks in favour of the PzKpw 1 :xd:

Edited by Noj

I really didnt like the finish of the camo stripes, Tamiya XF paints are horrible on the brush, sooooo ive got myself an air brush, after a quick rub down ive redone the base coat, the finish with an air brush with thinned down XF paint is awesome compared to TS rattle cans

92EC9B09-7619-409C-9233-6390FDB13A82-1598-00000167A809FB4D.jpg

:thumbsup:

Edited by .AJ.