• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya Lunchbox/Midnight Pumpkin Owners Club....

jason3249

Thanks Noj,

The shop sold me the whole package, so they advised on the motor, esc, and they soldered the esc to the motor.

I don't want to have to spend more money really on a whole new motor and esc when I've spent a fair amount on this setup.

Just very frustrating really.

Thanks

Ben

I have a brushless set up not brushed, it was RC Modelshop direct think they are based in Yorkshire, only went there online as did a thing with Iconic RC.

May just have to get a new esc and brushed motor to get it working for sure..

What you recommend above Noj makes sense.

Thanks both

this lipo fits:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221180788891?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Works well with the lunchbox, as you don't have to remove the shell to take out the battery.

Also comes with a selection of wires to cut down on soldering if you change esc...

• Like 1

Rcmodelshop direct.....bunch of ass holes....shop is visible from my house. They know nowt unless it is connected with touring cars or drifters, hence why they sold you a totally unsuitable and non compatible combo. Send it back and get a full refund as what they sold you is not fit for purpose....

Looks like I best take a mobile Vat up there again....

2s hardcase fit, you need to trim a small amount of material from the back side of the 'tray' and make a small extension plate for the retainer....I'll try and get some pics of mine up....lipo stays nice and snug....

• Like 1

Wish I had known that before, suppose I should have asked before buying it all.

It's all made now and the motor seems to be working correctly, haven't taken it for a proper run yet so time will tell. If it breaks I'll just take the hit and get the brushed setup to replace that you recommend. Cost me too much to post it all back.

Be great to fit a lipo in, that be so helpful.

Thanks Noj

So it runs well, looks great, I'll add sons pics soon, couple of niggles you experts may be able to advise?

- the front wheels are never straight, I keep taking the front wheels off and tightening or loosening the steering rods, so either the wheels seem to angle in or out, Is there a way to get them dead straight so it doesn't veer off?

- The front seems to be heavier than back, so when I reverse or the nephew does the front grill rubs on the wheel? Should I add some weight to the back to even it out?

Thanks,

Pez

Indeed. Then sand off any burrs. Did mine in a rush, will neaten it up at 'some' future time ;)

Any offcut of decent strength plastic could be employed to extend the end holder....

ESCs are often slower in reverse. Swap the motor leads round and reverse the channel. Not sure about the range issue, what tx/rx are you using?

Thanks oodboo that did the trick, it now goes faster going forward rather than reverse!

Just got to get a lipo and upgrade the radio equipment and im done with all internal upgrades!. With regards to the lipo battery, is there anything i need to consider before purchasing one?

Will i need to make adjustments to the battery compartment for it to fit?

anyway, just uploaded a video of the lunchy out on the beach!

View My Video

Edited by Mansnake
  • Like 1

My thoughts exactly ;)

Such a difference with the tyre insets and glued. Wheelies much more and handles better!

Shocks on order and new motor. That just leave chassis braces which I wish there was a supplier of rather than make my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rather stupidly glued one of the rear tyre treads round the wrong way. Is this going to cause me any notable issues?

Certainly will - every time you post a pic of your truck online, someone's gonna point it out. :xd:

• Like 1