• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya Lunchbox/Midnight Pumpkin Owners Club....

jason3249

Prae, at the moment, the majority are still boxed from the move, awaiting the garage conversion.

The bulk of the tamiya collection is still boxed though, including the four purchased in the last few weeks....

Bargains fella, bargains. I struggle to resist them.

If ever you are passing this fair county of West Yorkshire, perhaps travelling down the M1 corridor, you're more then welcome to visit and drool over the many, many pretty things I covet and hoard, lol!

Prae, at the moment, the majority are still boxed from the move, awaiting the garage conversion.

The bulk of the tamiya collection is still boxed though, including the four purchased in the last few weeks....

Bargains fella, bargains. I struggle to resist them.

If ever you are passing this fair county of West Yorkshire, perhaps travelling down the M1 corridor, you're more then welcome to visit and drool over the many, many pretty things I covet and hoard, lol!

Well, a uni friend of mine lives in Hull... sorry, 'ull, and I was supposed to go down and pick him up for a stay back at mine, because he's currently too unwell to use air travel. I could always head your way, first. :thumbsup:

Yes, "Hon. Sir Noj Tamiya-Hoarder, Oil-Boiler, Bringer of Crack, the first of his name".

Edited by Praet0r87

Which one of these sockets on my receiver will give me power for some leds?

There is only ch1 and ch2 that have plugs in them.

2015-01-17%2012.34.48.jpg

You need to plug into chanel 3.

Hi

Sorry to ask this on this topic but the help pages aren't a lot of help. how do I post pics. I can load them to the gallery but when I try to put them in topic nothing happens!

I click the image icon, the dialog box asks for a url, I have tried photobucket and gallery links but nothing happens.

please can you point me in the right direction

Matt

Hi Matt, I had the same trouble posting pics. If you look at the Reply to this topic you will see what looks like a light switch in the left hand corner next to what looks like a pill. You need to click on the light switch, then post pics as usual.   Hope this helps.

Fitted a 5th shock to my Lunchbox today then ragged it and my Pumpkin round the garden.

16148908397_2a6726f37b_k.jpgWP_20150121_005%5B1%5D by mick e 1188, on Flickr

16308854846_33a568dd2b_k.jpgWP_20150121_004%5B1%5D by mick e 1188, on Flickr

16334815605_62c3eb2571_k.jpgWP_20150121_002%5B1%5D by mick e 1188, on Flickr

Hi Guys

Noob on here, been loving reading through the LBOC posts on here for the past few days.. Think I'm on page 45...lol. Bought a Lunchie for me and a Chrome Pumpkin for the Mrs after she fell in love with it, got them just after New Year

iike the improvised wheelie bar. Top bodging...

kv motor choice question.

been doing research.

the Novak EX 13.5T motor I have translates to 3300kv.

Is this going to be fine without pinion swap? Everything else I have on the pumpkin is stock.

I am of course going to just wack the motor in and see how it goes... be good for feedback first!

excellent novak conversion chart:

http://www.teamnovak.com/products/brushless/motor_spec_chart.htm

I have been bodging my sons midnight pumpkin.

some aluminium box section from home base, cut to length, then drilled with pillar drill.

adding in some ball ends that have had the cup sawn off, and a hole drilled through for the body pins.

opinions on how long this will last? break on the first cartwheel? or last for ages?

What I was aiming for here is a dual purpose cross brace and body mount.

IMG_20150118_160129113_zpsun6fz8hz.jpg

Next job is brushless motor and ESC.

and the other thing I noticed... saddle packs fit perfectly in the chassis...

• Like 1

I ended up using an old tie rod from my ftx outrage it seems to work after multiple roll overs lol. As for motors i threw in a 9t Leppard brushless combo its is a bit ott if im honest but its a lunch box there supposed to be ott! But you will have to do the 5th shock upgrade to reduce tork twist damage.

I can resist no longer - Lunchbox order placed!!!! :)

What's a good motor choice for these? I am thinking of going with tamiya sport tuned since it worked well in my Fighter RX, but I'm open to recommendations.

Now..big decisions, what paintjob to go with...!!!

• Like 1

Hi Neil, I've got a sport tuned in my Pumpkin, much faster and a good laugh. Not got round to putting one in my Lunchbox yet. I'd recommend a full set of metal bearings for it, much better than the plastic ones it comes with. Oh yeah and then a 5th shock, new shocks ETC ETC. It never ends. :yes:

Thanks mick :)

I ordered a set of metal bearings with the kit, I was running those plastic bearings in my Tamiya Fighter buggy for years and finally upgraded them last year when I got back into the hobby. Huge difference. Also fitted sport tuned motor and junked the MSC for an ESC at the time. Again, huge difference from the stock silver can but I didn't know if the sport tuned is suited to the Lunchbox.

• Like 1

Finally got to have some fun today.

Also managed to fit some led lights, with push button mounted in the truck bed.

Affectionately known in the family as 'Pumpy'!

20150124_212731.jpg

20150124_212754.jpg

20150124_212738.jpg

20150124_212801.jpg

DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0150.jpg

Just need to figure out why it's only got full speed or no speed!

Edited by myv8growler
  • Like 2