• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your 1/1 cars!

landmaxdriver

nothing fancy for me but it does what it should do, gets dirty off roading where it belongs :whistling:

ourdisco_zps2fdac334.jpg

Gaz203_zpsbd0b308c.jpg

its a discovery 1, 300tdi 2.5. gets around the 30mpg mark and has had a few choice upgrades fitted now, i will get some more up to date pics asap :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is my big toy. Its a genuine VW Golf R32 Mk4 3.2 V6. Ive owned it for the last 8 years and have carried out a host of upgrades, Factory spec was full, every option except the sat nav.

My upgrades below

Milltek non res rear box linked to a full custom fabricated exhaust system (all silencers removed)

De Cat

HPA Short Shifter

Revo stage 2 custom re map

Carbonio full carbon CAI (takes air filter out through the front wing and into the lower grill, about 6 inches from the floor)

V3 fully adjustable coilovers

Vented lower grills

Upgraded front discs and yellowstuff pads 

20mm rear spaces

15mm front spacers

Polo rear wiper upgrade

Full interior and exterior LED light upgrade

Rev limiter removed

155mph top speed limiter removed

Seat Cupra R front lip spoiler

Gloss black wheels

Black VW badges front & rear 

Private plate 'D 9OLF'

My goal when i started modding it was to upgrade the parts that needed it but to visually keep it the same. On the exterior you would never know the mods that have been carried out (apart from the black wheels). I wanted to keep it OEM+. In my eyes the Mk4 R32 has everything visually, interior and exterior.

Just had a full front end re spray (bumper, wings, doors, bonnet, grill, wing mirrors)

I'm a proper VW kid and have only owned VW. Before this i owned a 1.8t 25th Anniversary.

Its been lowered since the pics below. Its pretty fast, VERY loud and handles like its glued to the floor, not that much can stick with it round the twisties, its 4wd. Ive had it on a few sets of rolling roads and the latest was 279bhp with the current mods, standard is 237bhp.

Next mod is Shirick 264/268 profile cams. Should take the power to around 290+ bhp with decent live mapping.

Sad thing is ive done 75 miles in it in the last 18 months, i just dont get the time to drive it :( its more of a summer weekend toy but i didnt even get to drive it this summer :(. I'll get some more pics up when im on my other pc.

10245180526_edafa5a525_b.jpg

10245183975_165f6040de_b.jpg

Edited by MattyV6
  • Like 1

I owned a mk4 r32 before my focus st, I loved it for a while but the harsh suspension and cramped interior got annoying after a while when you have 2 kids. Would love another but not as a daily driver.

Picked up my first car last Friday morning 

1.4 kia rio ,fwd ,  06 plate and just over 45,000 miles , 

In really good nick just a few minor things like a nick in the wheel trim and one of the parcel shelf hinges is iffy but apart from that its mint  :thumbsup:

gallery_17801_1144_47404.jpg

• 2 weeks later...