• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Noj's 5ive, going Rally, staying BL in 2016.

Noj

From MMR at the bashfest, they had two sets left after I purchased mine on Saturday..... hope you get some Harvey, they are beautiful

Jony, are you on mod 1 pinions as opposed to mod 1.5's? Stock gears are Mod 1.5 according to the manual....

ah ha, so a general dig at my teeny weeny pinions..... rotter :tease: :tease:

It feels likely that an MGM will end up going in tbh, time will tell; I shall at least have a warranty repaired spare MM for the badgers when it does let go :xd::thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

cheers Dan, she is quick, but has more to give....that was a 7s run with 18T pinion and stock spur, esc and packs were fine, motor got to 50c but should cope with that, I did run it pretty much continually however....

Bigger pinions to order (19 and 20T) and home-brew mods to make, will explain more tomorrow, been a long weekend and it's bed time now! (or I'll be up til the small hours fettling and thinking, which isn't good lol)

Kendal should be a blast, though got about 20-25 mins max run time yesterday so may just see a race through :whistling:

Keep saving Kaylan, you'll have one one day if you really want one......in the event of my demise this one is already gifted out, as are both the badgers I'm afraid....

Data log from the first run showed some crazy numbers, how about a max temp of 565 degrees and max revs of 63406??? Obviously, this is corrupt somewhere, or I would be looking at a pile of ash this morning :xd:

The actual average temp was 95 (esc) which is fine, max ripple voltage (the esc killer) was 2.37v, which is nowt to worry about frankly!

The real test comes at the weekend, against the petrol chaps..... oh, and I have a few stock and brand new Losi 5ive bits available lol, especially the noisy bits :tease: :tease: