• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My new man cave :)

KYOSHOKEV

yeah just needs a fridge of beer and a pole :whistling:

Edit : just noticed the rifle :lol: love it GRRR we r man :yes:

Edited by RC4ever
  • Like 2

i would be very worried leaving my rc's in there, looks like the door could be very easily broken into with a few light kicks

whats more is that the theives would know exactly what there breaking in for as they can see it prior to breaking in

Yep I'd fully panel the inside of the walls with thick ply/ mdf or steel pating, also panel the roof internally and fully secure roof and all Walls with tons of nails/screws. You'd be suprised how easy it is to just pry the paneling off :(

I've got a similar sized shed but with less windows ( more easy entry points )

Mines fully plated with 3 separate alarms and one alarms wired up to the house and I still wont leave anything of great value in there.

Also start collecting your silica gel thingys from shoes etc. Come in handy for keeping moisture at bay during colder months.

I have lived here for 12yrs and always stored my rc`s in my shed never had any problems but you have made me feel realy paranoid now :( going to get some mesh and 2 x 1 batton for the windows tomorrow as well as some more locks for the doors.

Wasn't trying to make you paranoid mate just making you aware of the weaknesses etc. Just alarm it up with a couple or sensors, door contacts etc

I'd ply line the Walls in 9 mm Ply, makes hanging tools, shelves so much easier, looks much better and make it so much harder for anyone to break in :)

If security is of no concern just leave as is. But I've had 3 break in attempts so need top security. They've never got into my shed though :)

Cracking man cave there kev

It's good a few people have gave you some ideas on how to secure it better your best making it harder to get in to as possible

I'd consider putting some blinds up then you can stop people looking in an open them up to let day light in when you need

I've also drilled holes in my bench and locked the baja and carson to the table with a D lock over the chassis they have to take the table with them if the large scale cars are being stolen

I've never had a shed broken in to but I'm not giving them easy pickings :)

I've got a cracking leather office chair in my man cave it's good when your working on cars you can roll around getting tools ect keep an eye out on local car boot sales

Kev

ive got shed envy, i was supposed to buy one but with losing my job it wasnt very practical :/ , i will own my own shed eventually we can all dream right?

Those cheap shed alarms from places like Argos work well, mega easy to fit and are very loud, enough to scare someone off. But I'd not worry too much, as long as you've got a secure gate.

Mind you, those trip wires that let off blank shotgun cartridges look fun! Imagine one of those going off in a shed in the total quiet of the middle of the night. Should make any burglar wet himself.