• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Tamiya TL01

:: blade ::

I always liked that Tamiya Focus. That was how I started with HPI, with a HPI RS4 Focus WRC.

Still working now, but with an 8.5 BL, I think.

It's stupid fast, on a standard 7.2V NiMH!!

Belts still holding up, but I don't use it that often.

Al.

• 1 month later...

well not really done much to this for a while, used it twice, as the pinion kept slipping so got bored with it, decided to fix it again, and will be locking my spare diffs today :) and also orderd an s15 shell with light buckets, not sure on the colour i want yet, but will see when i get the shell :)

as for the paint have a look threw here they have a few differant whites as you scroll down :thumbsup:

http://demonpowerproducts.co.uk/product_info.php/fastrax-fast260-white-finish-polycarbonate-spray-paint-flexible-150ml-p-6459

Edited by kaylan

if your needing another shell i have one here that i could split for you http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/153952-leongordons-clear-out-tamiya-mini-tamiya-ff-110th-tyres-sorexrally-blockssedan-hawgs/ :thumbsup:

regards

michael

Just found this thread on google. I have a TL01 i bought about 10yrs ago and just dug it out and fancy mucking about with it again. Got it running again (had to buy a new battery, that was all it needed)

Just driving it about now and was wondering about the wheels not being straight etc, might have to get those adjustable rods i seen here.

• 2 weeks later...

not sure about locking both diffs, these were spare so going to see how it will be with both on then put the other back in if its not any good :) im thinking of doing it with a black bonnet/roof and boot, spraying the light buckets matte black and doing the rest of the body in a pearl/metallic white :) then will be on the lookout for some rims, will be getting the spray and that 1st before the wheels as i want to get the body right as it will most prob be a shelf queen :)

NuttyProfessor - have you got a pic of that purple? might put that on the next shell i get :)