• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Tamiya TL01

:: blade ::

hi all new to the site, just rebuilt my tamiya TL01 which has been in the loft in bits since 2004,

i have a few hopups for it somewhere, a few ally bits and bobs, but unfortunatly i cant find them at the mo, but the bits that have been fitted are

Mod list so far:

Oil filled damper set

Ally prop shaft

Carbon gear shafts

full bearing kit

full driveshafts

speed tuned gears

DSC06446.jpg

DSC06448.jpg

the set of wheels i have, unfortunatly i have lost 2 of them :(

DSC06449.jpg

as a whole

DSC06450.jpg

DSC06453.jpg

i want to make it into a carpark drifter/racer so will be making some adjustable top arms and steering arms for it, i cant find a decent shell for it where it has the light pods incuded, as i want to run leds with it im after a Celica GT4 shell but i know they are quite rare :( so will be looking for a good drift type car

things i need to get:

better battery and charger

faster motor and ESC

hope someone can helpwth the bits i need, and to get a shell that will fit

cheers :)

Ive recently bought a a TL01 but its missing the rear wing and i took all the decals off it, looks like an RS, TT01 shells fit it so getting a new shell wont be a problem, the 07 subaru montecarlo comes with full rally gear and light buckets.

• 2 weeks later...

well been on abit of a spending spree tonight, bought 4 things, to get it running :D should get them next week, so the fun can start :D i got these bits

Etronix Probe Plus Brushed ESC

Fusion Vector NX85 Delta Peak AC/DC charger

HPI Firebolt 15t Motor (540 Type)

Orion Sport Power Pack 4500 (7.2V)

just need to get now

shell

drift wheels

light set

then its all good :D

the speed tuned gears are plastic, were the only ones i could find at the time of buying them

will be keeping the focus shell unfotunatly, as its in decent condition :D so will be keeping all the shells i get, as i binned my last ones :( which i wish i hadnt

awww so you made me get a crap one :'( boooo, should be faster than my silver can one, and the buggy one i have tho :) thinking about getting a heatsink with fan on it, but not sure which one to get and how it would attatch to the reciever as that will already be full, unless you can get extensions