• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Savage XS

.AJ.

The RTR has plastic bodied shocks. The SS has aluminium. I've not seen the SS aluminium ones for sale separately, but I've also not looked too hard. The ones I linked are the only aluminium ones I've seen.

I looks like the XS SS shock part number is 108073. However I can't find a picture anywhere of what is included. It's just described as HPI Aluminum Shock Body Set (gunmetal 2pcs). I think it's just the body though, and you will need to buy all the other bits, although if you're just upgrading the stock plastics on the XS you could probably just get the body, the caps, and the adjuster wheel.

All the part numbers can be fodun by looking through the XS SS manual here:

http://www.hpieurope.com/manuals/pdf/107821.pdf

Furthermore almost nowhere seems to have them in stock.

• 1 month later...

I broke my stock uprights too

http://www.liquidrc....oducts_id=71430

Ones i ordered very happy with them and the build quality

Also just noticed some nice shocks at $28

http://www.liquidrc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2681627_661&products_id=64025

Edited by skuzzy12

I broke my stock uprights too

http://www.liquidrc....oducts_id=71430

Ones i ordered very happy with them and the build quality

Also just noticed some nice shocks at $28

http://www.liquidrc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2681627_661&products_id=64025

yep they are great until you want to get the pin out of them to do some wrenching, then you'll be cursing them, the quality is very good though just a slightly poor design choice as the need a small hole at the base of each pin to let you poke them out again..

There is no me in team..

hey people.. i ended up getting a XSss.. but i keep exploding the little pins that go in the front CVD's Any idea's why? i was only running it on a leopard 9T 60a combo and it was doing it then.. im ordering a tenshock 3500Kv motor and a SC8 today.. itd be a nightmare with that amount of power :/

The tenshock wont fit with out some huge mods to the TVPs and also you will have to source a 5mm 48dp pinion which is near enough impossible, think Hot Racing do them tho :thumbsup:

Do you mean the pins in the CVD's or the pins in the wheel hexs????

Edited by .AJ.

good job ive just told him i dont want it anymore >.< he just put it up for sale on here (its kaylan) i have ordered this instead http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160819299120?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649.. and its the pins in the actual CVD's

That's odd, i never broke one pin in the CVD's, but must have done 10 or so in the hexs, drill blanks always make great pins, pain in the arse to cut but tough as hell

Good choice of combo, the same as what i had in mine, triple and quad back flips for fun :thumbsup:

Ooo what size drill bit did you use? ill just buy a couple and spend a day cutting them with my dremal :D

Hmmm just had a thought... ive not been lock titing the little grub screw that holds the pin.. that could be working its way loose and... well you know :D.

Edited by david hutcho

Cheers pal, i got one on the way.. if it doesnt fit the CVD's itll fit the wheel hex's :D. and i just thought.. i didnt thread lock the grub screw holding the pins in... maybe they are backing off a little and letting it smash against something to make them smash? il take it apart later and threadlock them all :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hehe! just got my SC8 combo... ITS A BEAST! :D lipos are now back on charge and im going to go out and bash some more :D. Next thing to do... Buy more tyres... the stock ones just spin up no matter what i drive on lol.

that shell looks good , i haven't run my xs in months its currently awaiting parts but has been put back in the queue as my heli has taken priority , will get it running eventually haha

that shell looks good , i haven't run my xs in months its currently awaiting parts but has been put back in the queue as my heli has taken priority , will get it running eventually haha

Thanks :thumbsup: Mine has been out of action for a couple months too, managed to break a couple teeth on the big diff gear, I wouldn't mind getting some hardened diff gears. I've recently started racing Mardaves so alot of my time has been spent doing that but I'm wanting my wee basher again.

Mine needs new slipper pads , a new shock cap , a arm brace , and new arm pins most of which i have already waiting to be fitting and i have the clip-less suspension set to fit too ow and new diff bearings :confused:

Thats a big list... mine needs... ermm... a new shell? lol i was just bashing with my mate and his savage X.. taught him why electric is better >.< lol beat him in the corners and in a straight line.. :D.

I got a new set of uprights delivered today. Went to fit them and I can't find my spare dog-bones (one went missing when the upright split) so I've had to order a new set of dog-bones too.

Mine needs nothing at the minute, it's going really well! Although it's munching diff cups like no tomorrow! Even the Hot Racing hardened ones :/

Nice one, are you running on 2S or 3S?

Also, did you get the standard Hot Racing diff cups or light weight ones?

Hi guy's i need to fit a new steering servo to my savage xs.

Can i fit a traxxas revo 2075 high torque digital servo in the standard xs 2.4g reciever ??

Yeah, the Traxxas servo will work no problem :thumbsup:

Edited by The Dark Knight