• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Savage XS

.AJ.

Can anyone tell me if part number 88131 will fit the xs as mine have just snapped:(

I know these state 8.5 x 65mm and the originals are 6 x 65mm just looking for something a bit beefier.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Can anyone tell me if part number 88131 will fit the xs as mine have just snapped:(

I know these state 8.5 x 65mm and the originals are 6 x 65mm just looking for something a bit beefier.

Thanks

simples NO :tease:

I use a bunch of LIPOs in my XS, some hard case, some soft. The fact that the XS has a completely enclosed battery box kind of negates the need for a hard case in my eyes. As long as you use the bits of foam that came with the XS to pad smaler LIPOs out a little there shouldn't be an issue.

Anyway, I have a Turnigy and an Overlander 2s 5000mah both in hard case. I also have a bunch of Nanotech 2S 5000mah which fit with a minor modification of the battery tray lid. All great batteries, although the Turnigy does seem to be loosing capacity slowly, but it is my oldest LIPO. I also have a few Overlander 3S batteries in capacities of around 3500mah all soft case that I used before deciding that 2S is more than sufficient for sillyness in an XS.

what do you guys think to these seen as you'r talking about lipos :)

http://www.hobbyking..._Lipo_Pack.html

http://www.hobbyking..._Lipo_Pack.html

going to get 3 3s batteries and 5 2s batteries :D. (that includes ones for my flux hp lol)

electrics are annoying me.. and id rather not have no warrentee tbh, so ive had a re-think and ive came down to these 2..

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/orion-neon-14-brushless-motor-4100kv-4-pole-/rc-car-products/367633

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-flux-vektor-4800kv-brushless-motor/rc-car-products/363720

ive never heard of a firestorm flux motor going.. just the ESC so maybe there good? :).

Edited by david hutcho

For 2S I'd recommend these:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__9514__Turnigy_5000mAh_2S_30C_Lipo_Pack.html

They're only a fraction more than the normal Turnigys, higher discharge rated, and work very well. I've found they actually take more like 5200mah to recharge too, so they're slightly under rated for capacity which is a nice bonus. You just need to make a very minor modification to the XS battery tray door for them to fit. By hanging around for a few minutes I got offered them for $25.49 against the $25.20 for the ones you linked.

Ah, right, it's just you linked to ones from the International warehouse, so I did too. I can't really recommend a motor as I'm sticking with the stock 4000kv Castle rebranded motor. Works a treat for me. Doesn't really help you with looking for stuff for an SS though. I'd say anything around 4000kv will be good. The XS isn't heavy so you don't need anything particularly torquey.

Just a quick question people, i have quite a few lipos for my xs that i have had for 12 months-ish. I have noticed that my xs hesitates ever so slightly then rockets. Could it bd the batteries that are old/dont have enough burst discharge?

Just a quick question people, i have quite a few lipos for my xs that i have had for 12 months-ish. I have noticed that my xs hesitates ever so slightly then rockets. Could it bd the batteries that are old/dont have enough burst discharge?

Mine did that when I was using 25c lipo's but if I used 45c it was fine :-/

Oh well i just took my xs out again.Plugged in the lipo and nothing apart from a funny ticking sound from the esc.Looks like the stock esc has given up the ghoest.There was no smoke but mine was one of the first batches of xs's so i am suprised it has lasted this long.

Gutted mate, time to get a Ezrun SC8 :)

I will do mate when funds allow.I am a bit skint at the mo.Looks like i am back to running the 2350 for a while.One of the things i love about the xs is i can bung it in a rucksack and take it with me on my bike.I cant do that with the 2350 :xd: . Edited by martin34