• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Savage XS

.AJ.

2 hours ago, Alex97 said:

it depends on how you drive the truck and where you drive it. I only change mine when they need it, no point it throwing something away unnecessarily.  

spending $103 on bearings for this truck is just pointless and idiotic. The stock bearings are fine and upgrading them won't make the truck anymore BP. When they do go have a look on rc bearings, it will most likely cost you around £15 for a whole new set, a lot of people on here us them and haven't had any problems. 

After having a look though your list above it seems like you've just bought every upgrade that HPI sell even it it wasn't required. Rc's break! If you wanted something truly bullet proof then i'd have looked in the 1/8 market but there's still a good chance it will break you if you drive like a mad man. 

Thank you for the input

• 4 months later...
On 6/30/2017 at 14:02, bombercountynick said:

Ok I'm late to the (empty by the looks of it!) Party, but what servo were you guys running in these? The stock one is pathetic, let's the truck down for me. 

might be overkill but i used the savox 1256

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Started to rebuild my xs last night after it was sat collecting dust for over 6 months . Got some parts on order but hopefully will be back running in the next week or two :D

This always happens , it breaks and sits on the shelf for months then I finally get round to fixing it 

Quick question , water traxxas part no was it for the turn buckles , I have the ends just need the turn buckles 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No mate not alloy arms they'll put the forces onto the hinge pins and worse causing expensive damage. Plastic arms bend like shock absorbers but too far and snap. Search for  RPM arms they are usually the best upgrade for arms. Or other plastic parts. Using nylon.

I struggled on wheels i tried afew sets but in the end used HPI ones for the best fit. 

I tried proline 2.2 trenchers first snd they looked tiny. Then i used 1/10 short course 0 offset wheels and they was cool but to narrow. So got the hpi 2.2 rims and some dirt something tires but then sold the truck without using it lol. 

I just checked and it was hpi 2.2 scorch wheels and proline dirt works 2.2 tires. 

The 2.8in tires look nice in pics but they rub so i wouldn't try that unless 2.8in set falls from the sky to try lol. It really tripped me out on getting tires because the trencher 2.2 erevo tires were tiny i couldn't believe it. Mayb they was a special merv 2.2 size. You could compare the tire sizes if you can find stock. 

But searching Google images looking at what others used will give a good idea whats suitable. 

A good upgrade might be the slash 4x4 steering and camber links. You can fit those to the xs for adjustable links. Are the xs links held on ball studs so pop off on hard landings? Ive forgot. But slash links would sort that too using nut and bolt. 

On 03/02/2019 at 19:49, Bigreenpants said:

Have you still got yours? I’d like to upgrade the wheels for better grip. I’ve broken my front lower A arm so need to order that too. Not sure whether to get the hop up alloy ones instead.

These seemed to grip well and dont look too small :) 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
14 hours ago, Bigreenpants said:

That was in 2012 tho according to this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I had a look on there but couldn't see any sets for the savage XS

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...