• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Mini 8ight upgrades and hop-ups and meny more

Sheilstar12

Just got a sway bar kit for my Mini 8ight and noticed on the back of the packet there's a warning "This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm" Surprised anyone would take these out of the packet after reading that. Are these being made in Chernobyl. I normally just rip the contents out of everything I buy I just happened to notice as I was finishing a cup of tea

Nice to know they are putting poison in our toys!

Just noticed the warning is on every Losi spares bag I've got. Funny these chemicals are only known to the state of California and no other US state or anywhere else in the world. Californians being over dramatic me thinks.

Wow so many small grub screws/small parts in this sway bar kit Ive never fitted one before gonna struggle I think. Note to self don't lose or drop anything lol Where do the tiny grub screws go ?

Edited by Fontie
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not had much use this year but I am thinking of getting the exotek chassis and taking the cm26 out and fitting a leopard 2838 instead.

20150722_131913-1_zpsoayngt4f.jpg

Si

• 2 weeks later...

Just the 1/10 touring car wheels that i use but even on 2s they don't last too long although longer than stock lol, i have some rally style tyres to try that are not quite knobbly they look more really thick road tread.

Si

60amp turnigy/hobbyking style esc, if you want a nice 4 pole motor leopard do a nice one http://thumbsdesigns.com/product/leopard-5800kv-4-pole-sensorless-motor/

I use leopard motors in all my other mini's and i am swapping the cm26 i currently have in the m8 to the 2838 leopard motor when the exotek chassis arrives.

Si

I recently got a losi mini 8ight, im looking at replacing the servo, can any you guys recommend me one please? and do these wheels fit ok on the mini 8ght? http://www.modelsport.co.uk/fastrax-street-rally-block-tyre-mounted-on-10-spoke-neon-yellow-wheels-4-/rc-car-products/387198

Edited by nbkpsycho

Grub screw on the pinion? End of the motor popped off? Maybe just time for a better motor :)

Si

Edited by silone74

I recently got a losi mini 8ight, im looking at replacing the servo, can any you guys recommend me one please? and do these wheels fit ok on the mini 8ight? http://www.modelsport.co.uk/fastrax-street-rally-block-tyre-mounted-on-10-spoke-neon-yellow-wheels-4-/rc-car-products/387198

Edited by nbkpsycho

I use a savov sh 1257mg servo absolutely brilliant, needs a tiny bit filing off the servo holder on the mini 8,http://www.apexmodels.com/gbu0-prodshow/RGS-SAV-SH1257MG.html?gclid=CJfJx9OaoscCFajHtAod7eAG6g

Those wheels if i remember correct will fit but need a small shim, i use 1/10 touring wheels 3mm-6mm offset and buy the rally type tyres or road tyre depending on where i am running. I prefer 6mm offset.

Very small selection i have for mine

20130624_171506-1_zps68818f2e.jpg

20140903_195352-1_zpsuwgudwoy.jpg

Si

Edited by silone74

Brilliant, i haven't touched any of my mini's for awhile so stripping the m8 will get me back into the swing of things, then build an emb truggy with my spare bits i have knocking around.

Si

Brilliant, i haven't touched any of my mini's for awhile so stripping the m8 will get me back into the swing of things, then build an emb truggy with my spare bits i have knocking around.

Si

can you pm me where you got those  dish wheels/tyres and the  green spoke wheels/tyres.

I can't pm you for some reason, but they are all from ebay, the seller i use has since stopped trading but there are plenty of 1/10 touring/drift wheels with 12mm hex that are similar or the same as my wheels from other sellers on ebay fron China i go for 6mm offset when i can, the rally knobbly tyres are some i had in my spares box but also similar can be bought on ebay

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/HSP-PP0487-Rubber-Tires-For-HPI-RC-1-10-Rally-Racing-Off-Road-Model-Car-4-Pcs-/311160099849?nav=SEARCH

Si

I can't pm you for some reason, but they are all from ebay, the seller i use has since stopped trading but there are plenty of 1/10 touring/drift wheels with 12mm hex that are similar or the same as my wheels from other sellers on ebay fron China i go for 6mm offset when i can, the rally knobbly tyres are some i had in my spares box but also similar can be bought on ebay

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/HSP-PP0487-Rubber-Tires-For-HPI-RC-1-10-Rally-Racing-Off-Road-Model-Car-4-Pcs-/311160099849?nav=SEARCH

Si

You cant send or receive pm's due to your mailbox being full or that is what it says when i tried to pm you. Thanks for the help :) ill order those tyres.

It's not full though i keep checking so I'm not sure what's going on lol anything i can help with just ask on here and i will try get back as soon as i read it

Si

It's not full though i keep checking so I'm not sure what's going on lol anything i can help with just ask on here and i will try get back as soon as i read it

Si

odd... I have ordered those tyres you suggested but i cannot find some decent wheels like the ones you use :P