• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Mini 8ight upgrades and hop-ups and meny more

Sheilstar12

if i can get through to him tomorrow all put the mantis in my mini 8ight and get some vid of it running though it may be next week before iam there again

did you find out how good that mantis motor is in the mini 8ight?

hobbywing are doing some good ones, which one out of these ??

Combo PN

ESC

Motor

Main Applications

Combo-A1 81030000

EZRUN-18A

EZRUN-12T-2030

(7800KV) 1/18 on-road sport

Combo-A2 81030010

EZRUN-18A

EZRUN-18T-2030

(5200KV) 1/18 on-road & of-road sport

Combo-A3 81030130

EZRUN-25A-L

EZRUN-18T-2030

(5200KV) 1/16 & 1/18 on-road sport

1/16 & 1/18 off-road sport

Combo-A4 81030160

EZRUN-25A-L

EZRUN-12T-2030

(7800KV) 1/16 & 1/18 on-road sport

i think the combo-A4 should do it or would u recomment a castle creations?

hobbywing are doing some good ones, which one out of these ??

Combo PN

ESC

Motor

Main Applications

Combo-A1 81030000

EZRUN-18A

EZRUN-12T-2030

(7800KV) 1/18 on-road sport

Combo-A2 81030010

EZRUN-18A

EZRUN-18T-2030

(5200KV) 1/18 on-road & of-road sport

Combo-A3 81030130

EZRUN-25A-L

EZRUN-18T-2030

(5200KV) 1/16 & 1/18 on-road sport

Combo-A4 81030160

EZRUN-25A-L

EZRUN-12T-2030

(7800KV) 1/16 & 1/18 on-road sport

i think the combo-A4 should do it or would u recomment a castle creations?

you would want atleast a 35a esc as the standard one is only 32a and i think that motor would also be too small as its for a 1/18 if you can wait till tomorrow iam going to try the black mantis 4200 kv motor and all report back on how good it is and the only castle motor that would work is the cm26 in 4600kv or 6800 kv but there not cheap now as there no longer made and people charge what they want for it sceondhand

Edited by mini-z-awd

borrowed the motor from my lil bro`s merv its a black mantis 4200kv and what a difference it makes to the mini 8 even on a 2s lipo its so much faster but still contrallable the only thing is it needs need the centre brace rasied abit to slide the motor in there but the motoor mount fits just like the standard motor here some pics of it fitted no vid yet as it was too dark so hopefully soon

241020124974.jpg

241020124976.jpg

What pinion size where you using on that and have you nicked the motor now LOL :thumbsup:

Si

its running a 16t pinion for a losi mini lst2 its not the right pitch but it works and now i have a new problem not sure if its the esc or the motor but i cant get reverse with forward/reverse/brake but i can get it when i change to no brake so all have to sort that out tomorrow hopefully the strange thing is the old motor works fine with it and no iam not keeping it but if i can get it working right then all just get one myself

thanks, alright i will come on this forum tomorrow. i see what u mean, i didnt recognized the esc amps. is there anyother good company which can make my m8 quite fast meaning speeds around 50-60 mph

but still can bash with it at a park and skart park too

thanks, alright i will come on this forum tomorrow. i see what u mean, i didnt recognized the esc amps. is there any other good company which can make my m8 quite fast meaning speeds around 50-60 mph

but still can bash with it at a park and skart park too

you could try a 60a ezrun esc iam using the 35a version and its way better than the stock one as you can program it with the card.

as for doing that sort of speed you would be better of buying a something bigger as it would cost about the same to get the m8 upto that sort speed you will need todo the traxxas gear mod with a 45t spur gear big ass pinion 20t and above and a high mah 3s lipo and a good esc and for all of that your looking at close to or over

what if i buy a 60a hobbywing ecs only, would that get me close to 35-40mph. how fast talking in mph wise is the stock losi motor with the 35a esc? and the black mantis motor with the 35a ecs??

if i buy a 60a esc along with a 1/10 motor, would the motor fit in the mini 8ight and which would it be ??

http://www.hobbywing.com/product.asp?bigclassid=13&subclassid=45

http://www.hobbywing.com/product.asp?bigclassid=13&subclassid=49

Changing the esc from stock to 60a won't make the m8 go faster with stock motor it just means it can handle a higher amp output motor it will be better than the stock esc and run cooler because it has the capability to take a higher power motor,to reach hose speeds you will need to get another motor and then check what the max amp output will be from that motor so you can use the correct esc and not over load it and cause it to over heat.

The max size diameter motor that will fit with little modification is 28mm,most of those will require a higher amp esc

what if i buy a 60a hobbywing ecs only, would that get me close to 35-40mph. how fast talking in mph wise is the stock losi motor with the 35a esc? and the black mantis motor with the 35a ecs??

if i buy a 60a esc along with a 1/10 motor, would the motor fit in the mini 8ight and which would it be ??

http://www.hobbywing...3&subclassid=45

http://www.hobbywing...3&subclassid=49

really you would be better of with the 60a esc and like i said in the other thread the 1/10 motor wouldnt work as it would be way to big.

if you can hang on till saturday before ordering anything all try and get a vid of my m8 with the 35a esc and mantis motor and hopefully all get one with the standard motor aswell with the 35a esc here is one with the stock motor and 35a esc and 50t spur from a traxxas mini it was way faster than the stock 56t spur and 16t pinion i was using at the time but now i have changed back to stock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXUB5ZTBGVg

really you would be better of with the 60a esc and like i said in the other thread the 1/10 motor wouldnt work as it would be way to big.

if you can hang on till saturday before ordering anything all try and get a vid of my m8 with the 35a esc and mantis motor and hopefully all get one with the standard motor aswell with the 35a esc here is one with the stock motor and 35a esc and 50t spur from a traxxas mini it was way faster than the stock 56t spur and 16t pinion i was using at the time but now i have changed back to stock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXUB5ZTBGVg

i like it, so this car has a 35a ezrun esc with a mantis motor, pretty cool,

i was having a look at the guy who has a vid on putting a mini revo spur set up and he used a tacon 2848 3900kv motor with a sidewider esc, plus its quite cheap instead of buying a castle creation's motor

i like it, so this car has a 35a ezrun esc with a mantis motor, pretty cool,

i was having a look at the guy who has a vid on putting a mini revo spur set up and he used a tacon 2848 3900kv motor with a sidewider esc, plus its quite cheap instead of buying a castle creation's motor

i would rather use something rather than the castle as they are way too much money for what you get plus you cant get any spares if they break becasue castle dont make them anymore in the cm26 size from what ive seen anyway. ive used ezrun/turnigy esc`s with no problems for yrs plus i like how cheap they are compared to the castle stuff which alot of people seem to have problems with them just burning up for no reason

Edited by mini-z-awd

i would rather use something rather than the castle as they are way too much money for what you get plus you cant get any spares if they break becasue castle dont make them anymore in the cm26 size from what ive seen anyway. ive used ezrun/turnigy esc`s with no problems for yrs plus i like how cheap they are compared to the castle stuff which alot of people seem to have problems with them just burning up for no reason

yea....okay