• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

air filter

HATZY

there's obviously many people out there, who, like me, cant be bothered to clean or oil their air filters. i say this because ive seen several failed attempts at making a nitro air filter outerware. the problem people keep coming up against is having enough filtration without loss of air flow and without using oil or adding extra thick foams, well ive cracked it. ive been testing and devoloping my design for a couple of years now and it has worked great, so great that ive not had to buy a single filter foam or filter oil. my product is great for dusty enviroments and anywhere thats not.

my goal was to create an effective air filtration unit that can work in co-existance with any standard air filter foam without the need of messy oils and leaving to soak for hours aswell as the messy cleaning etc.

where my prodcuts stands out from the others is when the oil filters become dirty or clogged with dirt, you need to completely clean and re-oil - obviously. but with mine all you need to do is pop the band off, take the outerwear off and give it a good blow from inside out. i found using my product that it needed to be cleaned/replaced far less often than oil foams

what i want to know is if anybody would be interested in tryin this and what sort of price you think would be suitable for it.

P6090222.jpg

P6090223.jpg

Edited by HATZY

Looks effeicent but for me the whole maintanence side of nitros is a thing I actual like. As sad as it seems I like cleaning it and re-oiling it, aswell as the other after run jobs to do with a nitro. It only takes two minutes and atleast I am 100% sure that my filter is clean and oiled ready for the next outing, and if it does fail me then it's my fault but it's a pretty safe affair and there isnt much that goes wrong with air filters! :P (accept when they fly off because you forgot to put a zip tie on!) And most people run a 2 stage filter these days so it makes the cleaning easier as you just have to wash the outer one and do the inner one less often. How much are you thinking of selling these at?

Only time I personally would use them is if it was slightly damp :)

The idea of a two stage air filter is already available http://www.modelsport.co.uk/xray-air-filter-set-low-profile/rc-car-products/361640

Just one example and no need to throw away as you only need to cleen the outer foam on a regular basis the iner foam when you've got it realy dirty or wet

The idea of a two stage air filter is already available http://www.modelspor...products/361640

Just one example and no need to throw away as you only need to cleen the outer foam on a regular basis the iner foam when you've got it realy dirty or wet

there's obviously many people out there, who, like me, cant be bothered to clean or oil their air filters. i say this because ive seen several failed attempts at making a nitro air filter outerware. the problem people keep coming up against is having enough filtration without loss of air flow and without using oil or adding extra thick foams, well ive cracked it. ive been testing and devoloping my design for a couple of years now and it has worked great, so great that ive not had to buy a single filter foam or filter oil. my product is great for dusty enviroments and anywhere thats not.

my goal was to create an effective air filtration unit that can work in co-existance with any standard air filter foam without the need of messy oils and leaving to soak for hours aswell as the messy cleaning etc.

where my prodcuts stands out from the others is when the oil filters become dirty or clogged with dirt, you need to completely clean and re-oil - obviously. but with mine all you need to do is pop the band off, take the outerwear off and give it a good blow from inside out. i found using my product that it needed to be cleaned/replaced far less often than oil foams

what i want to know is if anybody would be interested in tryin this and what sort of price you think would be suitable for it.

thats the point if my product, when it gets dirty, just hold it up and give it a blow, no need for messy oil or leaving the filter to soak etc. my mk1 version has been using the same foam for about 2 years now and its never needed cleaning. just take the outerwear off and give that a blow through... job done

I can get away with rarely cleaning my airfilters by useing HUGE airfilters like you get on the xl savage, with dual stages so only when the 2nd stage is clearly mucky do you need to re-oil it whitch is around every 4 L for me (on grass) when in in a dusty enviroment its every bash/run.

It can get annoying.

thats including the labour and the postage and packaging. and like i said before, im lookin for feedback on what people would like to pay for something like this

Edited by HATZY

Nobody got into this hobby to be lazy it's all about the tinkering and cleaning go ahead sell them on eBay I'd give it a month before your negative feedback from lazy little kids gets your acount frozen.

Basically hatzy I'm giving you some advise use this for yourself and keep it that way ;)

Just an idea instead of selling them on there own, why don't you email some airfilter manufactures and see if they are interested in using this product. It's worth a shot I suppose but I would think they have already tried experimenting with filter covers. Worth a try though...

• Like 2

• 3 months later...