• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Making Cheap Strong Basher Shock Towers For Hyper 7

GorillaZilla

Yea I missed out a few holes, I have the gearbox and shock holes in (I've changed the rears a little since the pic that gorillazilla posted) but I will amend the ones I've missed out tomorrow)

If its possible to get some numbers I can work out a better price

Well I went to put my shell on to go out a bash and guess what the shell doesn't fit your there is a gap for it to go through! But it does my head in trying to get it through there so I'm just going to trim my shell!

First prototypes will be made this week (I want these testing before I finalise anything) we have been thinking of a supporting brace on these for extra strength

Is weight an issue for the bashers?

I've also been working on some motor mounts today too... They are a bit crude ATM so once I've polished up the design on these I will reveil

Edited by ashleysmith

Don't use stainless steel for structural purposes if you can help it, It's a softer Steel alloy. Will be heavy and bend.

Do a little research on Steel alloys, and find the strongest that is still good value :good:

For this kind of thing, 6061 T6 is the best Strength Vrs value... Though 7075 is a fair bit stronger, just more expensive than it is stronger...

I've sent a Diff Case + wing Mount and the piece that the Wing Mount's "arms" have to line up with to AshleySmith,

So he has something to check the prototypes with, to make sure they fit perfectly.

Edited by GorillaZilla

Nice on buddy i wouldnt mind testing some with video footage and also pics of them and updates after all jumps and stuff so you can see the abuse they take and also what it take to brake them im sure i can bend or maybe snap someas im good like that lol i like.to.smash me car up before goi g home as ya can see in the video uploaded mine was the mac 28 with yellowblack shell and red wing with black dish wheels

These shock towers sorted yet as i have snapet a corner of front tower with protectors on lol and also naily bent the back tower in half thats aswell as buggering 2 throttle/brake servos riped another clutch bell to bits front diffcase snaped riped some fins and cracked engine head thats with zipties and fueltube on also buggered me pull start at the end of the day thats it for now without checking gor out else and cleaning

Very close now bud, had a bit of a rush last week with some orders, so I don't get to make any last week, I'm in at stupi o clock tomorrow so I will be getting a couple of sets done then... Ill let you guys know as soon as they are done

I have a set of standard ones you can have for