• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Flysky Gt3c Test Results

fatboyneil

I would imagine they have made them in rather a huge amount, so it'll be a fair while before they sell the faulty ones...and that's even if they bother to sort the problem! I just repaired one today and the circuit board was awful, the trace was falling off at one point! Luckily I can sort that kinda stuff...

Update after all this time the fixed switch as broken again somehow the constant movement as caused the connection to strip off the switch so even with good wire solder and heat shrink the movement of the wheel will still cause the wire or switch to break so I'm now looking for a new switch and where to put it

Update after all this time the fixed switch as broken again somehow the constant movement as caused the connection to strip off the switch so even with good wire solder and heat shrink the movement of the wheel will still cause the wire or switch to break so I'm now looking for a new switch and where to put it

not great news, hope it doesnt make it look bodged. not really much good for a brand new product to have such an annoying fault.

well.... i received mine today and though it looks nice and buttons feel sturdy, i am victim of the switch problem....

on turning left, the screen flashes on and off and some times the wheel either stay in the left position and sometimes it doesn't turn at all!

contacted ebay seller, will see how he wants to deal with it before i try to open it up!

Right little problem I'm hopeing someone can help me with ideas for a switch I'm thinking either push/slide/ maybe toggle but don't want it looking out of place as it will be positioned between the wheel and flysky logo on the wheel casing

Is there a button that isn't used? A simple ptb or ptm might look better but I'm looking at pics online and you're massively restricted on space.

If it was me, I'd twist the wires together and have it on constantly but it doesn't help much with turning the thing off! I think I'm going to go with the GT3B as it's tried and tested.

Sounds like the best option for now.

Completely off topic, but I just noticed you are in Nottingham. Where abouts do you take your cars? I'm in Notts too, struggling to find anywhere to take my semi off-road electric car.

This issue with the on/off button, is it worth going for the GT3B instead?

How about if dodgy wire was changed for a better quality one and hotglued into place as gorillazilla suggested.

It seems like a really annoying problem :(

i've used better wire the best option is move the switch the 3c is better than the b and as your in nottingham pm me and i'll sort it for you if it breaks

edit sorry wrong person no dont get the gt3b once we've sorted a decent switch and where to place it. it should be a great radio and if overkills mod firmware works it will be realy good

Edited by fatboyneil

I ordered the 3B, I guess I'm a sucker for tried and tested.

I'm in Arnold too (well, nearer Mapperley) and I currently take it on my works car park after hours. It's a Firestorm 10t with a photon SBS 2.0 upgrade on the ESC and motor. It doesn't seem to work massively well on grass (perhaps something to do with the 2wd thing) but due to my issue with range I'm restricted to how far I can run it.

Maybe we could meet up for a bash at some point? Don't know anyone else who is into RC so it would be good to meet up.

Are the legs on the switch failing when you use better wire and re-inforce the Solder joint to Wire insulation area?

Might be worth flooding the area with HotGlue so the only thing put under any movement stress is the Silicone wire....

with the movementthe wire will eventualy snap so the only option is relocate the switch