• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cheaper bodyshells (anyone interested?

Oh How Original

i,d have a hyper 8 if you did one of them,

beware of copyright laws though mate, you might be wise making a very minor alteration to the shells to avoid any issues, maybe 1mm of the length or it would probably be easier to tame 1mm off the depth, 1mm wont make any difference to fit or appearance

Already know my way around this buddy, thanks for the input but yeah, they will be 1-1.5mm shorter than normal, which won't make any difference at all, but because they will be out of inner moulds of current shells (most of them) they will be a tiny tiny bit smaller.

• Like 1

When you say plastic, do you mean normal plastic sheet or Lexan? For 1/8th shells I think they are 500 micron Lexan (0.5mm), like this http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a136e4b8d, might be easier to vacuum form without any real loss in strength with Lexan, might be wrong on that though! :unsure:

Cheers for the link, problem with that is the price, at that price I'd need to charge

if your worried about stickers/decals A main do tons

http://www.amainhobb...Stickers-Decals

I'd still leave it up to the person buying the shell to decorate it as they see fit, if they want to buy a sticker sheet and do it, that's up to them.

Hyper 8 shell with no cut out's, i'd deffo have at least 2 for those prices :thumbsup:

Yep could do them without holes.

still a good price mate

Hi mate, so what are your plans for the actual former? have you decided on a set build, equipment etc?

Building them aren't hard, equipment wise, the majority of it would be in any household, the main ones are a decent powerful Vacuum Hoover and a good sized oven, the rest is just from the DIY store, the expense comes from the Lexan/plastic sheeting, loads of vids on Youtube though

I should pull my finger out and do one myself, but, to be honest, I cant be ARS*D!!! :lol: Im quite happy to just buy another shell off of 'Oh How Original', always handy to have backup shells on the Hyper 7! :thumbsup:

Sorry, only gave you that link as an example, guaranteed you will get sheets cheaper than that once you have had a look about, also just got my calipers on my 1/8th shells and they are 500 micron (0.5mm) Lexan, may seem thin, but still very durable

I certainly will mate cheers for the link, like I said I'm speaking to a few people about my idea and if they'd be a regular supplier at some kind of bulk price.

I certainly will mate cheers for the link, like I said I'm speaking to a few people about my idea and if they'd be a regular supplier at some kind of bulk price.

Well, im in for another Hyper shell anyway!!! :thumbsup: Edited by Dec

Building them aren't hard, equipment wise, the majority of it would be in any household, the main ones are a decent powerful Vacuum Hoover and a good sized oven, the rest is just from the DIY store, the expense comes from the Lexan/plastic sheeting, loads of vids on Youtube though

First one needs a better hoover?

Any chance anyone could get me the length and width measurements in cm/mm of a Hyper 7 bodyshell? (just for example)

I may have found a cheaper way of doing it if I buy a massive sheet of plastic rather than several smaller ones, but need to see if I'll get enough shells out of it first.

Would really help if someone could.