• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Ten SCTE Owners Thread

No problem :)

Guess I should post a pic of my new SCTE

20140705_151810-1_zpslzlm3bhq.jpg

Just waiting on ordering a esc (should be next week)

Practice/Bash shell

20140705_114059-1_zpse3nymmdw.jpg

I've also got another shell at the painters getting some proper paint :)

Edited by .AJ.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi I'm getting back I to rc cars from quite a break. I've done loads of research and decided to go for the losi ten-scte rtr kit. The reviews here and other sites make this truck look really good. Can't wait!

I would really appreciate your views on best batteries for general use. I understand that losi recommend 2s 60c 6000mah lipos. Are the turnigys any good for cheap lipos to get started? Was looking at hobbyking but was confused as they were 50-100c 5600mah 2s so not sure if these are too much 'C'? Are the losi stock connectors on losi ec3 type will I need some form of adapter?

Was going to get the rtr kit from local revolution models shop in north west. They seem to be very helpful and have good source of losi spares.

Also any recommendations on balanced charger. I used to have a imaxb6 but understand they are a bit hit and miss.

Thanks in advance.

I contacted losi and they have suggested any 50C 2S lipo with the Eflite EC3 connectors. So looking again at the hobbyking website the hardpacks around 2s 50c still shows a range is 50-100 or 65-130. So still no sure which i need? Assume I need to solder on some ec3 connectors.

As for chargers not sure about the imaxb6 or the tunigy accucell6 and ac PS.

Or should I stop being tight and buy batterys and charger from local shop, but they seem about 3x the cost and trying to work on a budget.

Any advice on what batteries and charger for stock rtr ten scte would be appreciated.

Struggling to find the scte rtr locally or online. My local store and horizon rep recon its discontinued? I can still see it on the Losi website, they are going to speak to horizon\losi in the us to confirm. So just in case i might widen options to maybe slash ultimate or losi 1\8 8ight rtr or team associated rc8.2 rtr?

• 9 months later...

I've got a slight issue with my scte. When driving along - it turns fine, then every now and again it wont turn left fully.. I've managed to simulate this with the shell off and like 1 : 15 left turns the servo or esc seems to spaz out and not give me full left lock so the car ends up going right... Its almost like it loses its centre position on the ESC or servo. I've tried realigning the servo / controller central setting, but it still keeps happning. Given the suitable servo Hitec HS-7954 SH is

Edited by gigeogre

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The SMC 4300 3S hardcase I believe will fit in the battery tray of the RTR. They fit in the kit version like a glove. I bought 4 from their US store and worked out around £35 each after shipping and taxes were factored in.

The problem with the SCTE is the tray width and how close it is to the spur gear. I had a Turnigy 5000 mah 3S soft case in it and I had to reduce the spur size so it didn't touch!

Edited by mond
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...