• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Ten SCTE Owners Thread

The new Savox worked really well today, just the right amount of torque and lightning fast

001-69.jpg

And a quick pic of how she stands at the mo

002-73.jpg

Cant be arsed to replace the rear bumper, us racers always land on our wheels :xd:

Oh and all the body mounts are broken and been bodged lol

As for the horn not fitting, i never had any problems with the DS1015, but if i remember correct when i had a Savox 1268 it was a real pita to get on or off

Just been reading reviews on the servo database and although the ace, futaba and savox all run 25T the ACE spline is slightly thinner. A couple of the reviews stated that although the DS1015 was great, they were put off using the futaba horns as there is give either side, one guy said the give was that bad he didn't trust the futaba horn.

Did you have any problems getting the horn off with the Savox 1258 then AJ?

Think i will be getting the Savox aswell unless anyone has other suggestions. Is there much difference between the 1256 and the 1258 then.

The 1258 is fine, it was a 1268 i had trouble with

Personally i think the 1256 is over the top for this truck and a little too slow, the spec's of the 1258 are pretty much perfect imo :thumbsup:

Apparently, my rebadged MMP that came with the RTR wont be able to cope with the 1256 and 1258 so i will need to fit either a glitchbuster or a bec. Has anyone got a link that i can read to understand BEC's and what they do aswell as any reference to how to fit one.

Either that or get a new ESC that has a built in BEC capable of handling these two servos. Thanks.

Hopefully i am right in thinking that if i went ahead and got a new ESC, the Hobbywing SCT pro would be more than capable of running everything thats needed. Am i right. Think AJ recommended this on his gallery thread but cannot find it.

AJ mate, you really are the mutz nutz fella. Your gonna have to either stop pointing me in the right direction or just set up a seperate thread "How to keep pointing that annoying Gazzabruv in the right direction". It could be like a direct helpline to you. Cheers again fella. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

There was only a small turnout, 5 trucks, i won every heat and the final, the Savox is a perfect in every way, im very impressed with it :thumbsup:

Read a buyer's review on the 1258 and it draws a lot of amperage. Would you agree. Can't make my mind up between the 1256 and the 1258. Anyone able to sway my decision either way. Need to make my mind up as want to order my castle link USB and some other bits, so may aswell get the free postage.

For the price difference, I'd say 56 - it's virtually as powerful, still ample for your needs and you can save pennies to spend elsewhere.....watching how this progresses with interest as I will be needing a new servo myself soon

Ah, didn't know that! Couldn't say on power usage I'm afraid; I have a 56 for use as a brake servo for the BL SC which, when fitted, should provide ample torque for that situation; 7S lipos are unlikely to falter under it's power consumption lol