• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RC shop customer comments/opinions

Dec

RCS Graphic Worx (Jon Miller) - Have recently just had some dealings with him, was originally after some Parma Fasmask but as nowhere seems to have any in stock I was advised to go for the RCS Liquid Mask, so I contacted Jon Miller via email asking if he had any in stock and some general advice on spraying my own shell and very quickly received a reply whereupon he gave some very good advice and informed me that he did indeed had some in stock but unfortunately was recovering from a recent motorcycle accident!!! After a few more emails of me wishing him well and him giving me some very good advice I was not expecting him to send me the liquid mask any time soon but nonetheless I oredered some in anycase as there is no sign of any Parma Fasmask coming into stock anytime soon. Two days later my postie phoned me to tell me that he had a delivery for me and when it arrived it was indeed the liquid mask, so true to his word, he did indeed post the liquid mask despite him very much still recovering from his accident!!! All I can say is, not only was he very polite and unbelievably helpful, but to still send my item despite still recovering, from what I can gather, quite a bad accident, in my opinion, was above and beyond the call of duty as they say!!! Very Good service!!! :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

HOBBYKING - Just ordered some Lipo's from them, had a bit of an issue with payment, I placed my order and just as I got to the Paypal payment section it decided to play silly buggers with me and confirmed my order but then would not allow me to pay, I contacted the Hobbyking support team who got right back to me via email and had the issue resolved instantly. Will update once my Lipo's have arrived to say about delivery times, etc.

Al's Models Wolverton MK..

If its planes or heli's your fine as for cars they dont know, don't want to know

staff mostly like tinkering with gadgets and ignoring customers if you ask for help you are greeted by a surly glance and a grunt.

Then told we DON'T stock that!!!!

this is my opinion after several visits and I now go 15 miles out of my way to Tooleys in Northampton (the complete opposite) or buy from Internet

Edited by teddyt

• 3 months later...

FUNSHOBBY (www.funshobby.com).

I saw this mentioned a couple of times around the forum, it's a terrible website to use and looks......amateurish, but the prices are great and it has free shipping and people have said good things about them, so I took a punt and ordered a WP SC8 ESC and Tenshock SC401 combo.

I ordered it on Friday, had the shipping notification on Saturday, and incredibly it arrived today, with no customs charges. That is simply amazing service, I usually wait longer than that for things ordered in the UK, nevermind China/Hong Kong!!

Highly recommended, don't let the frankly rubbish website put you off :D

Edited by DreXeL

GiantShark - Had a very bad experience with giantshark. My esc set it self on fire and they go by the rules of once its used its not covered. So avoid them like a nasty disease if you can. They bumped their prices up when they changed names from giantcod.

Pretty sure you have told this many times mate :whistling:

• 2 years later...

Hobbyking - always prompt and not had any problems with any of the items so far ( Lipos, chargers, power supply, RX and lots more ) Platinum member.

Apex Models - takes a week for my gear to come. Ordered a fair amount of stuff through them. Never had a problem with any of it though, just wait times really suck.

JE models - I understand apex and JE are one and the same ? Weird, as they are prompt and usually arrive before I expect. Love these guys.

Dollar Hobbyz - ALWAYZ get stung with customs. It never works out to be more than a few quid in it after customs and handling fees. My only gripe. They're working with The

Man, I'm sure of it.

Jennys Rc - Same as above, cheap, customs always gets me, so the wait vs cost thing seems a bit of a let down. Again, working with The Man I reckon.

I'm going to stop ordering from the states. There's probably Liquid RC that I'm going to try as I've heard people give them good reviews, and the free shipping + the majority of the reviews say they never pay customs :D

There are probably a couple more shops I use, but not as often as the ones above.

Edited by Huktonfonics

DMS Racing One of the best shops around  been trading for over 20 years. Excellent mail order service and top guys Darren and John who i would say know anything there is to know about rc cars. Shop is like an Aladdins cave of RC. 

• Like 1

Dollar hobbyz....always quite quik delivery. ...only been hit with customs once. ...$75 but they marked it as only $54....sweet!!....and they always mark down the price for me it seems...but I try to keep around the $24-35 mark if poss.......I've used tower hobbies once or twice...no issues. ....phils hobbys....again no issues......there's probably a few others I've used for the odd part with no issues from the usa....jennys rc's..........as for far east ones. ....echo rc.....no issues.....funns hobbies...my $219 ten shock combo came from there...straight through customs. ........

Edited by evssv

DMS Racing One of the best shops around  been trading for over 20 years. Excellent mail order service and top guys Darren and John who i would say know anything there is to know about rc cars. Shop is like an Aladdins cave of RC.

+1 for DMS, it's my local and within walking distance from home! :D Always buy my nitro fuel from there, saves a lot in postage. Always had a great service and I'm hoping to go racing with them in the near future :thumbsup:

At the other end of the scale, I had my worst RC experience with PODIUM RC. Nothing's in stock (even though the website says it is) so as soon as you place an order they then place an order with the distributor. I ordered some parts, received a "dispatched" email the next day. After 2 weeks without receiving anything I emailed them with no reply. After 3 weeks I called them and couldn't get through. I kept calling and when somebody eventually answered I was told my parts were on order with the distributor. I told them I wanted to cancel for a refund which the agreed to do. End of story? No............it took 4 months for them to process the refund back onto my card!!!

Wheelspin Models. Ordered off them when I 1st needed parts for my TMaxx. Highly professional, very quick delivery times.

Apex Models - Dave @ Apex is just a legend. Had a lot of communications with him via eBay over a slipper clutch kit for the TMaxx. Top bloke. Good company to deal with.

Modelsport UK. Ordered a few things from them, top service, not had to deal with them with any issues so can't comment on their communication skills.

Bolton Model Mart aka BMM Racing. My local shop. Full of knowledge. Prices are a little high, but I've been going there for the last 14 years. They always will get my business, unless I can't be bothered to wait for them to get parts in for my Maxx. They have had my Maxx several times to sort out, and my mates DRX.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

+2 for DMS racing, its my best local shop and by far the best mail order places. I've ordered at 4pm and had for for 11am the next morning. I have also used there trackside collection service before and never had a problem. If most places don't have it DMS most likely has it so its always worth dropping them an email to see if they have it in stock.

MB models is also a good shop as well, I've used them quite a few times and never had a problem.

Well it would appear je models has taken a nose dive lately for the second time in a row I ordered something shown as in stock over the weekend expecting dispatch on Monday cone yesterday still no dispatch so after 10 minutes of ringing a miserable individual answers the phone and tells me that they can't find my servo so it's on order I was then promised it would be sent before end of business yesterday and I've just checked the order status guess what still no dispatch grrrrr

Edited by norcoforever

Anyone tried the modelbasement in kiverton near rotherham, they are very good and well stocked on most major manufactures spares, good customer service to, very good showroom and online service, ive bought lots of them over last year, no probs at all

JEmodel:

Ordered my truck from here had next day delivery, stock seems to be decent on other parts. I usually order my fuel from here seems to be cheapest with next day delivery. Support is good.

Modelsports:

Ordered spare parts for MTA4 said had god stock, when delivery arrived several items back ordered and still not received as of today (12 days). Customer support are friendly, phone support is answered quickly.

AVOID NITROTEK:

This company everyone should avoid, they are disgusting and should be shut down. I ordered my first car buggy from here. Online said it required 12X AA when in fact it required 6xAAA and 4xAA. The TX was also different than advertised /pictured. The box was open and all body clips missing.

Customer service is very poor and extremely slow, no support via phone only a online system which they check once a blue moon, I waited 4 to 6 days on each reply to them.

JE models:Had good experience with them since they have been taken over, fast delivery and still getting sweets with every  order (2 bags last time)

DMS: Amazing service. Made a thread on oople about where to buy B5M shock parts as no one had them in. Someone told me DMS were the place to go so I went over and they had had what what I wanted! Unfortunately stupid me ordered the wrong part, luckily for me however a member of DMS had read the thread on Oople and picked up on my mistake. They rang me and fixed the issue over the phone, and still got next day delivery!