• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Profiteering so and so's

j1273

that looks ok mate

change the old servo horn for the new 1 and set it up like the pics you might need ot reset your wheel tracking

5adc43fa.jpg

a042c121.jpg

the only difference between this and the new (savage x 4.6) servo saver is that they have a spring

(- the purple plate as part of chassis)

87197am.jpg

Edited by Corbs10
  • Like 1

Well something happened today that has madfe me lose interest ir RC cars!!!

My steering servo ( Savage) broke.

So I did exactly what I was told and bought a MG ( Hitec HS645MG)

Arrived today chuffed as you like!!

Fitted servo, went to replace the Savage servo horn which spins on the servo output!!

Oh my days!!! Now I realise they make different size outputs. Why do they do that??? So one has to buy something else!!

CONSPIRACY!!!

Thanks big business for that!!! Im paying too much for petrol,gas,food etc as we all are.

Im not being ripped off ijn my hobby aswell.

Hope it was worth it to whoever had this great Idea cos Im selling up now!!!

Jay

Don't let it get to you too much there's a few things like this in rc hex fitting etc servo horns are not that much and if anything most shops will probably have 1 in the bits box around someone that they will give you for nothing.

I stick with 25t which is futaba savox and hpi that will leave me with picking a servo from those 3 suppliers i think ace is 25t aswell i have alley servo horns which work much better for racing with.

Dont give up on rc dude its all worth the hassle when your blitzing your car down the road. - depending on how old your car is you may be able to get a free servo from hpi worth a try.

• Like 2

IIRC the screw that holds the horn in place has a different pitch as well. Savox ftw :thumbsup:

As Jimmy said, you need to make sure you don't lose the servo horn screw. Hitec use a 'special' M2.6 x 8mm screw p/n 55802 or I believe HPI Z431 are the same size and thread.

Just be thankful you got a Ko Propo or Sanwa radio otherwise you'll find the rising modulation will have problems with the servo. (joking)

Guys thanks for all the input!

Yes the there is a spring in the highlighted round thing in the pic! This is my problem lol.

The pic you posted underneath is the one I was considering as a replacement just aint got the cash atm!

Ive been told chemical metal might be a solution to make my disk like horn fit just worried that I wont be able to remove it from the spline when I want to???

Im going to try melting some heat shrink tube for a temporary just so I can bash on Sun as Ive missed 2 bashes in a row now and that aint on!!!

Obviously Im not selling, I love my Savage BUT still cannot understand why these splines are not a standard size. Well I can its in the title!!! Makes me mad!!

Cheers guys for all your usefull help youve cheered me up on this one!!

Jay

Obviously Im not selling, I love my Savage BUT still cannot understand why these splines are not a standard size. Well I can its in the title!!! Makes me mad!!

Yeah, of course !

I bought a CV joint for a VW Golf the other day ! Can you imagine my horror when I came to fit it to my Mondeo and it didn't fit !!

In the mean time ! :

chill-pill-demotivational-poster-12.jpg

Edited by Borats Baby

I've got the same set up on my savage and it is a servo saver , tbh it's a crap design, they give before turning the wheels so you lose lock. When new your savage would have come with a selection of different bases to fit different servos but they have probs been lost to the wind by now.

I upgraded to the x style saver on the steering posts and locked th sold saver solid to save buying a new horn lol, even with the x type saver set at its weakest setting I've got better steering. So tbh honest get the x type save and correct horn and benift from better steering as well.

Yeah, of course !

I bought a CV joint for a VW Golf the other day ! Can you imagine my horror when I came to fit it to my Mondeo and it didn't fit !!

In the mean time ! :

chill-pill-demotivational-poster-12.jpg

i throught we where to help out each other rather then spend more time typing rubbish that doesnt help ,

jay this might help http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ANSSHS024-B-Answer-RC-Servo-Horn-Hitec-24T-BLACK-

/400290654386?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item5d332ea8b2

i throught we where to help out each other rather then spend more time typing rubbish that doesnt help ,

jay this might help http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ANSSHS024-B-Answer-RC-Servo-Horn-Hitec-24T-BLACK-

/400290654386?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item5d332ea8b2

Well, yeah. But the o/p had had plenty of help before I posted so I didn't see any harm !

I personally thought his reaction to a wrongly ordered part was waaaaay ott. Hence my postings. I'm sure he saw the funny side, in fact he even LMAO'd so I guess he did.

I'll help anyone out if they need it, but I'll also have a dig and a laugh if I feel they need it !

Likewise I'll take it if I deserve it ! LOL

• Like 1

I lmaod cos i was shocked pal. I didnt deserve or need your barracking!!! I mean why even bother telling me I should have checked before? What help is that to anyone? Especially someone who is already fuming!!! As I said at least twice in my thread I DIDNT KNOW SPLINES FOR THAT SIZE SERVO DIFFER IN SIZE!!! It aint easy being a noob. It also aint easy being mugged off infront of people via the internet!!

Theres too many unhelpfull and annoying posts in people threads these days. I wouldnt dream of making anyone on here feel small infront of the whole forum. Obviously its acceptable nowadays tho!

Save your fingers in future for posts that are useful to someone

It aint easy being a noob.

LOL,

j1273 : Member Since 13 Dec 2010

795 posts..

Listen, I thought I was a stress head until I read your initial post. Seriously mate, you need to calm down a bit and relax.

Return the servo and swap it for the right one, job done !

I can see your blood boiling as I type so I'll duck out of this one now and won't bother you again.

Sorry if I upset you ! << Genuinely !

BB.

:)

LOL,

j1273 : Member Since 13 Dec 2010

795 posts..

Listen, I thought I was a stress head until I read your initial post. Seriously mate, you need to calm down a bit and relax.

Return the servo and swap it for the right one, job done !

I can see your blood boiling as I type so I'll duck out of this one now and won't bother you again.

Sorry if I upset you ! << Genuinely !

BB.

:)

:36_11_6[1]: :36_11_6[1]:

key.jpg

lol Chris

You obvously missed the fact that this is my first servo purchase for an RC car BB

I thought it was obvious!! :yes:

Edited by j1273

hmm i was going to send this "noob" some spline adaptors for free...

Having watched the thread unravel...I'm glad i didnt get round to it :whistling:

Anger never gets results :shockingscary:

He won't want them.

He's selling up.