• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bash in Fife

stef1

Rob, I had a quick play around with a couple of bits of tubing i cut off one of the 2m lengths, below is a pic of how 2 of the joints will look. I had a play around with the welder too just trying to get it set up.

IMG_1469.jpg

Not sure if i will be able to make bathgate on sunday yet

Edited by stef1

was just wondering if any of you guys had a tap and die set for threading screw holes i think its a m3 or m4 screw one i would need just asking before i go and buy one

Yes mate. Not sure if I will see you on Sunday though..

if you make it that would be great if not the next time would be ok as iam in no real hurry just hope i can get these knuckles done incase i need them

Are you after taps and does or just the taps? If its just taps i will give you my tap drivers as they are good for doing knuckles etc

Are you after taps and does or just the taps? If its just taps i will give you my tap drivers as they are good for doing knuckles etc

the one that go`s into the knuckle to make a thread for the screw i think its the tap one.

its basicly just that the knuckles i got the screw holes are ok on one side and the other side seem`s abit dodgey the screw will go in too far before it bites any metal to hold it so if i can tap it then get some new screw`s that work it would save me trying to flog them on to someone else but if this doesnt work then i will just flog them on again. if you make it tomorrow that would be great if not like i said all get them the next time your down and try and them out

Edited by mini-z-awd

the one that go`s into the knuckle to make a thread for the screw i think its the tap one.

its basicly just that the knuckles i got the screw holes are ok on one side and the other side seem`s abit dodgey the screw will go in too far before it bites any metal to hold it so if i can tap it then get some new screw`s that work it would save me trying to flog them on to someone else but if this doesnt work then i will just flog them on again. if you make it tomorrow that would be great if not like i said all get them the next time your down and try and them out

No worries mate,

If I'm not there with the cars i will come through on the bike for a bit to have a catch up lol. Due Robert money anyway so I need to get that to him

Stef get off line and enjoy yer dinner :)

Stef was a legend today!

Built me a stand for my bucket seat, today I'll get some pics posted when it's all finished so you can see how it looks, but so far it's looking real good.. Once painted/covered and with feet it will be fantastic!

So,

We have 1 slight speed bump to over come and it's "feet" for the metal..???

Now after much discussion and more horrendous ideas by me, stef mention some sort of liquid rubber type stuff that ni

No worries mate,

If I'm not there with the cars i will come through on the bike for a bit to have a catch up lol. Due Robert money anyway so I need to get that to him

you can only come with the bike if you dont try and jump it :whistling: :whistling: :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: j

iam hoping the weather is good enough for a bash just wondering if anyone else will be there were are you guys are you all hiding lol

Sorry guys, not had time t come on here, me, Robert and Paul are going crawling up at beecraigs tomorrow, so won't be at the track. I have a set of tap and dye so stef U don't need t come down on purpose, Robert don't mind waiting till next time he sees you. Mini z message me ur number and i will text you when im back home. :)

Sorry guys, not had time t come on here, me, Robert and Paul are going crawling up at beecraigs tomorrow, so won't be at the track. I have a set of tap and dye so stef U don't need t come down on purpose, Robert don't mind waiting till next time he sees you. Mini z message me ur number and i will text you when im back home. :)

thanks nino it will like you say save stef coming all the way down here for nothing and hopefully next sunday will be a good day for a bash

I've been looking for a business that would make custom made rubber feet/caps does anyone know of a good rubber fabricator type thing in In the area that would take such a small job?

it would probably be too dear for them to take such a small job i.e if you want 4 you would have to have someone else wanting a few dozen of the same thing to make it worth while for them todo it soit would have to be one hell of a bulk order

Interesting,

making a mould may not be so easy though, I suppose I could juts dip it in a bowl of it until it drys, and then cut/trim around it :D

I'm gonna pop into the bike shop this week and gt some handlebar tape to cover it when it's finished. It's about 90% there though so well chuffed, just a few little screw alignment issues and some feet and that's it done :)