• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Vantage/Carnage owners Thread

Hi guys, first post here! Got my Vantage the other day, first step into rc cars, (I've got boats as well) had a few runs out of it and I love it! Really pleased with it so far, Only thing that's bugging me is the ESC capacitors seem to be getting in the way of the body sitting properly, so will have to sort that, and I'm about to buy some tyres more suitable for the tarmac outside, this thread has proved valuable so far!

I'm also thinking about buying another body, and painting it how I want, I think I'll save that for later though!

Just a quick question, are all the parts that Hobbyking sell for their version of the Vantage suitable for use on a proper Vantage? For the price of them I hope they are!

Cheer,

Steven

Hi my friend I do believe that the hobbyking vandal parts will fit the vantage if that helps you out :)
  • Like 2

Hello good people of MSUK. Newbie here so please be gentle. A couple of questions. FTX Carnage BL

1. AFAIK rear shock on Carnage/Vantage are 110mm hole to hole. It doesn't feel as it's fully extended on the car so do you think 100mm would fit ok? It would prevent from center shaft bending as well which I've heard is a common problem.

2. Braking stopped working all of the sudden. I've noticed there is SET button on ON/OFF switch. That could have been pressed accidentally. Do need braking as bloody thing is FAST!! :)

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

Edited by tinky1

The shocks won't make any difference to the propshaft. You'll only bend the prop in a heavy collision.

Even on 3s lipo mine is still holding up well.....

You might need to re-calibrate your radio gear to get your reverse back.

Cheers

KingPin

• Like 1

Quick question, Has anyone else had much luck running on gravel? Just been using my Vantage down the Scout hut track tonight and it seems to slide very easily. Not sure if it's something to do with the suspension not being set right or the standard tyres?

Ran out of light so couldn't really adjust the suspension! Could do with some rally style headlights!

Cheers,

Steven

Looks Great!! What shell is that? Love the colour.

Thanks fella :thumbsup:.  As Devin said, it's the ProLine early 50's Chevy. Translucent Blue backed with silver. 

• Like 1

Quick question, Has anyone else had much luck running on gravel? Just been using my Vantage down the Scout hut track tonight and it seems to slide very easily. Not sure if it's something to do with the suspension not being set right or the standard tyres?

Ran out of light so couldn't really adjust the suspension! Could do with some rally style headlights!

Cheers,

Steven

If in doubt, FLAT OUT!

Thanks fella :thumbsup:. As Devin said, it's the ProLine early 50's Chevy. Translucent Blue backed with silver.

pretty much the same as what I did
  • Like 1

You were a little more adventurous than me though, you went proper two tone, I didn't fancy the headache lol. Yours does look good, it has to be said. 

• Like 1

You were a little more adventurous than me though, you went proper two tone, I didn't fancy the headache lol. Yours does look good, it has to be said.

Haha cheers my friend it was a little bit of a pain but not as bad as SCT shells
  • Like 2

Top tip for the day; 
When using your Vantage in a large open car park, keep away from the curb, and turn quite a bit before you reach the curb, or slow down...

IMAG2081.jpg

Brand new set of tyres aswell! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hope someone can help me with this. I've only had my Vantage 2 days and run it for a few minutes but tonight I was playing around and took the wheels off the front. I've put them both back but now when I turn the FR by hand, the FL wheel turns the other way (as it should) yet when I turn the FL by hand, the FR doesn't move but it does turn both rear wheels. Any ideas?

Edit: I'll add that if I turn both rear wheels the same direction, only the front left turns around.

Edited by Mattyboy

You've porbably just overtightened the FR wheel a tad, being plastic hexes mean they deform slightly, try loosening that wheel, failing that take a look inside the diff, (just make sure you put it back in the right way round!)