• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Vantage/Carnage owners Thread

Hi guys, there's a seller on Ebay selling FTX6323 upgrade rear dogbones to CVD.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FTX6323-UPGRADE-FTX-Carnage-Bugsta-Rear-U-J-Shafts-2-Pieces-NO-MORE-LOSING-/154506474172?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

I'm guessing g these are just fronts CVD's?

Any ideas if the front carnage CVD's fit the rears? My rears are locking at full droop and I guess this may solve it?

Cheers.

17 hours ago, Speedytriple said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FTX6323-UPGRADE-FTX-Carnage-Bugsta-Rear-U-J-Shafts-2-Pieces-NO-MORE-LOSING-/154506474172?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Any ideas if the front carnage CVD's fit the rears? My rears are locking at full droop and I guess this may solve it?

Cheers.

Yes, fronts fit the rears!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Madmoz7610 said:

Hi all, is anyone using the dumborc x6 and x6fg receiver on there carnage? Jus wondering if the gyro works, And what this radio gear is like on the carnage.

If it's poor then IL try an get it to work on my nitro 

I use it on both my Outlaw and Hyper 7 - works great and has massive range 👍

5 minutes ago, walkbythesea said:

Sometimes, it’s easy to dial in or out with the sensitivity knob, it’s really handy sometimes a hindrance others, I adjust it in or out for the conditions and what I want to achieve

👍 Cheers buddy, it's ordered and due sometime this week. The carnage on 3s can be tricky to use sometimes so jus wanted it to be a bit more stable when goin flat out, most my flips are from over correcting the steering so hopefully this will help.

Will keep the page updated once it's fitted 

On 13/09/2021 at 00:51, Speedytriple said:

Cheers.

Hi yea these fit as I have them on mine  as I lost 2 when I had a bit of a tumble. So I asked on here (as a few days before I lost the 1stone  someone posted  that they changed them over ) so I fitted these and they work fantastic   

Has anyone else noticed the battery's in the transmitter last for ages? Got my carnage end of June an still usin the same battery's and been out pretty much every weekend since an still usin original Duracell, not even lithium jus standard battery's lol Also don't remove them like I'm meant to an still havnt died yet lol 

Edited by Madmoz7610

2 hours ago, Madmoz7610 said:

Has anyone else noticed the battery's in the transmitter last for ages? Got my carnage end of June an still usin the same battery's and been out pretty much every weekend since an still usin original Duracell, not even lithium jus standard battery's lol Also don't remove them like I'm meant to an still havnt died yet lol 

Probably last another year or so still if you’re having the luck I did with mine. I also used one most weekends for months on end, but only for around 5 or 10 minutes on each occasion. Would only take the wind to pick up slightly for something to snap off and cease play 😩🤣

Same with mine still on the 1st.lot  when I started last year  I take mine out every time I finish playing .and I put them in a wee box in with the car so dont get mixed up with other cars batts.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ant.p said:

Probably last another year or so still if you’re having the luck I did with mine. I also used one most weekends for months on end, but only for around 5 or 10 minutes on each occasion. Would only take the wind to pick up slightly for something to snap off and cease play 😩🤣

Awesome, I'm usually out for a good HR as got 2 batterys, an that's most weekends since end of June, usin the etronix in my nitro now an usin that for a few hrs most days now, next week I'm out all week as it my birthday lol

1 hour ago, Iain .R said:

Same with mine still on the 1st.lot  when I started last year  I take mine out every time I finish playing .and I put them in a wee box in with the car so dont get mixed up with other cars batts.  

Happy days 👍 I know I should take them out jus too lazy an they have still lasted 🙂 not even decent Duracell either jus normal ones lol 

Got a Dumbo RC with gyro goin in the carnage Tuesday as misses won't let me have it sooner 😢 so hopefully that lasts jus as long 

Hi all. Had my brushed carnage 2.0 for a month and already destroyed the front bumper lol. 

Obviously the bumper is cheap and easy to replace, although it'd be nice to be able to buy the Y bracket separately. My issue is with the front mount screw holes on the main chassis as they are drilled so close to the edge of the chassis they broke through after my first collision.

I have seen there is a carnage/vantage front chassis part listed at my local model shop and was hoping to find out if it would fit  the standard carnage chassis? I don't want to have to replace the entire chassis if possible just for the same weak point to go again.

Any advice appreciated and apologies for the rambling lol 

Screenshot_20210919-133527_Chrome.jpg

Change the bumper for a Zorro bumper, soooo much better and tougher, you’ll need some 20mm screws for the top mounts

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FTX-Zorro-Torro-Front-Bumper-Set-FTX6953-/194102218862?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

The stock plastic chassis is utterly rubbish and afaik you can’t just change that one piece as all the OG chassis’ I’ve seen have been onepiece, unless they’ve recently changed them - best way forward is an alloy replacement chassis which will make the car better and stronger all round

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/ftx-carnage-full-chassis-aluminium-1-set-373622

Sometimes you can buy them slightly cheaper from Chinese websites like AliExpress

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, walkbythesea said:

Change the bumper for a Zorro bumper, soooo much better and tougher, you’ll need some 20mm screws for the top mounts

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FTX-Zorro-Torro-Front-Bumper-Set-FTX6953-/194102218862?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

The stock plastic chassis is utterly rubbish and afaik you can’t just change that one piece as all the OG chassis’ I’ve seen have been onepiece, unless they’ve recently changed them - best way forward is an alloy replacement chassis which will make the car better and stronger all round

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/ftx-carnage-full-chassis-aluminium-1-set-373622

Sometimes you can buy them slightly cheaper from Chinese websites like AliExpress

Really appreciate the advice. Was tempted by the aluminium chassis just a bit tight budget wise atm, definitely going to give it another look now though. The zorro bumper is a good shout, is it a direct replacement fit wise?

Fitting the Zorro bumper tomorrow, so will get some pics once it's on, havnt long finished the Ali front arm an hub upgrade tonite, also fittin the Dumbo x6fg tomorrow too and takin it out in the afternoon so IL try an get a video or 2 of it workin. Only thing left to upgrade now is the chassis, top plate an battery plate, which I'm ordering Friday 🤠  goin Ali chassis as the carbon jus don't look all that great imo

• Like 1

Well as I said, this is the Zorro bumper fitted, looks soo much better than the standard bumper, sticks out a bit much but as long as it lasts longer than standard I don't mind lol also added the pics of the Ali front upgrades, next is the wheelie bar and the x6fg 

IMG_20210921_114017.jpg

IMG_20210921_114012.jpg

IMG_20210921_113835.jpg

IMG_20210921_113819.jpg

IMG_20210921_113800.jpg

IMG_20210921_110848.jpg

IMG_20210921_110833.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Strugglecuddle7 said:

I await the damage report........

Nothin damaged, ran the 2s an 3s through it, only niggle is the reverse don't work as good as when it's on the etronix so goin back to that, gyro is awesome tho lol And because it's not been ran in about a month the battery's don't seem as good but hopefully they come back after a few more run cycles.

Also the Zorro bumper is amazing in long grass, it now glides across it with the big plate compared to jus gettin stuck lol best buy so far for it. 

Edited by Madmoz7610
  • Like 1