• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Vantage/Carnage owners Thread

Following on from that...Looking at these Lipos:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-5000mah-2s-30c-lipo-pack-xt-90.html Only available in the global store.

Has anyone ordered anything from the Global? Are you getting hit with customs? 

As, if I get the extra charges...I might as well spend a bit more and get it from MS or the likes.

Well out this afternoon with my carnage and other car  and I was on top of a mountain here in wales  on a rugby pitch  (yea yea that's all in wales rugby pitches an sheep ) 

Next to the pitch was an playground so after 5 mins I'm mobbed by kids (6 or 7 boys )  asking to have a go of the carnage    so no sorry guys  too fast for you . It does 100mph 

Oooh that's fast ok I cant drive that fast  ..

So on the carpark next the pitch now doing wheelys .skids . Flips/crashes  mmm .   Then time.for jumps  so there i hump of earth between the carpark and pitch  so I use that . So drives up on to the pitch   now these kids are yappying shouting and running about so I'm trying to watch them and the car .  Next thing there going it's going after the car .  So I'm looking around   what  thinking theres a dog coming  so what ever way it's coming I'm going the opposite   then this bloody big bird  swoops down and goes back up again  about 3 ft away from the top of the carnage . Then flys around in a circle while the carnage is lagging it back to me .  I dont know what bird it was but it was about 2 to 3 times the size if the ftx carnage  and had 4 or more feathers sticking out each wing tip . .then it flew off . 

The  the carnage battey died  so if it was a dog I'd have less than 2mins run time it been a goner.  

So dont know what bird it was  kestrel falcon .eagle what ever it was it was big.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, walkbythesea said:

One of the best bits you’ll ever buy

I have 3 on my cars and its fantastic.  Well worth the money .  

Better steering 

Stronger 

Wont fall part 

One the best upgrades iv ever bought . 

12 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

Boom! Ordered the carbon chassis and top plate about 3 months ago for the carnage... Finally arrived today!! 

no more flexing everywhere and most parts upgraded to either alloy or carbon. This thing looks the part now.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Very nice 👌

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Strugglecuddle7 said:

Sway bars fitted on the vantage! Never had a RC car with sway bars.  

IMG-20210706-WA0039.jpeg

They improved the handling on mine by a noticeable amount; wheels better planted on the ground 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, vimto2000 said:

Anyone bought these of Amazon??

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/SUNPADOW-Battery-5100mAh-Vehicles-Racing/dp/B08Q7K3Q79

Good price and good spec!

Yes mate I have two of them. Very good batteries. Quite punchy and they actually last a bit longer than my 5200mah Vorjays.

They're very decent for the price :good:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Strugglecuddle7 said:

Quick question a mates motor in his carnage died (old arma blx 3600kv) hes torn between a robitronics 3250kv system or a 400kv system? i understand you cant really use a 3s on the 4000kv

I’d go for the 3250 myself - stock is 2950 and my buddy has a 3300 in his that goes exceptionally well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Strugglecuddle7 said:

Quick question a mates motor in his carnage died (old arma blx 3600kv) hes torn between a robitronics 3250kv system or a 400kv system? i understand you cant really use a 3s on the 4000kv

Mine is a 3300kv. I believe @Jens has a 4000. Regardless of which you (he) goes for, 3s on the carnage isn't recommended by me. Don't get me wrong, its beyond fun, but it'll be short lived. the drivetrain, even if upgraded, will likely fail if you don't smash it to pieces first hurtling out of control into a tree!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, James.S said:

Yes mate I have two of them. Very good batteries. Quite punchy and they actually last a bit longer than my 5200mah Vorjays.

They're very decent for the price :good:

Cool, I've already ordered them. 

I know there is a way to change the original blue esc from nimh to lipo but rather me use trail and error does anyone know exactly? 

2 hours ago, Ant.p said:

Boom! Ordered the carbon chassis and top plate about 3 months ago for the carnage... Finally arrived today!! 

no more flexing everywhere and most parts upgraded to either alloy or carbon. This thing looks the part now.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That looks really sweet! 

I'll take some pictures of my rigs if we go out this weekend.. Nothing special about them though! 

What wheels and tyres you running? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, walkbythesea said:

The brushed ESC?

FF48AEB0-DDC6-4CB9-AD17-B0806F3AF1C8.jpeg

Yep!! 

That's brill! 

The manual I had only had the instructions for the black esc which wasn't lipo compatible.