• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Janitors Scale scx10 Crawler project

DR.Jan Itor

I want a real one :sweatdrop:

you and me both mate, would be awesome for nipping out to the shops in then a blast across some countryside.....

Edited by big gaz

• 2 weeks later...

Woops then a big update it is then :P

Well so far the rear and front bumpers have come along with the motor which have all been fitted. I have also taken it for a test run which went pretty well i took vids to they are being uploaded as i speak.

The front and rear bumper

IMG_2463-1.jpg

IMG_2464-1.jpg

The one thing that did scare me about the bumpers was what it said on the packaging

IMG_2484.jpg

I have also started to Build the roll cage as i call it ready for when the body is painted and then i can fit it on the car it self.

IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2440.jpg

It was an easy build, Though the thing i found worrying is were i joins at the bend it would be easy to snap it off as there is not much strength in the corners until you fix the whole unit together. So i would say just be careful when making it.

Well Here are the pics so far of the build and after its first run

The front: Still need to add the lights :)

IMG_2490.jpg

The rear bumper

IMG_2489.jpg

The steering is done by a Spectrum Hi torque racing receiver, I may look into what servos are the best but for now im happy with that in for now :)

IMG_2488.jpg

IMG_2487.jpg

As you all know the Motor is a Ezrun 32T brushless Motor which seems to go really well, Its all connected to a speky receiver and controlled by a Speky DX 3.0

IMG_2487.jpg

IMG_2486.jpg

The car is currently running on a 3000 Nihm but i will be changing it to a 2s lipo and hopefully Fitting a Tamiya Light system to it as well

Well thats it for now i will post the videos as they upload and i will make sure that i keep this thread up to date.

Regards

Speedy

It's too early in the morning to be watching this Vid...LOL..

I'd move your battery as far forward as you can...

Make a bracket and mount like this.

003-20.jpg

004-22.jpg

or move the battery plate as far back on the front mounts as you can like this..you'll have to drill extra hole and cut abit off the plate..

006-16.jpg

008-12.jpg

Sean

• Like 1