• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Monkey's S2 RS Turbo, Mk1 Golf GTi

bodgemonkey

Been entrusted with rebuilding twin strombergs. New diaphragms, needles and a good clean. Idling was really rough before but after a lot of swearing i got the tuning sorted. But never again :lol:

Quick video of the result, check the idle speed :P

th_7B20C7E4-28B6-43BC-87EA-AA1A1BD13ED5-

G60s are too much hassle IMO, the chargers are just too temperamental. That said I wouldn't mind one in the mk1 ;)

Low mileage doesn't always mean better though Rory :) RS is on 70k miles and has needing constant tinkering and cash thrown at it to get it anywhere near reliable. That corrado is touching 190000 miles and still runs sweet as a nut

Personally I prefer pre 90 spec but prefer the 90 spec seats. Went and test drove an lancia evo integrale yesterday, huge smile! Think I'm going to get it checked over and look into ownership.

Very jealous! I have a Delta 1.3 sadly not quite a Delta EVO! :) 

Got some tasty bits today

HKS oil cap, battery cut off switch NIB K&N 57i, Heko wind deflectors and some courtenay sport hoses for a corsa VXR (already got them sold!) and a pair of Prodrive PFF-7s. Not a bad way to spend

Got some proper S2 RS alloys, badly in need of a refurb, made a start on two of them, this is the first one sorted :)
20001DAC-248C-4AAD-AD42-0495BA36C988-865

Going for polished face with black inserts, got some MiM deep dish 5 spokes too, my wheel refurb corner in the garage is looking shiny!
BCF8A09B-711B-46A5-9629-B21A9E1D0402-951
EEDA3CE9-EA2F-4BAC-8588-7F71A0BFE8AF-958

Got some more parts today in return for helping a mate out with his mk1 20VT. Some braided oil lines for the turbocharger plus billet adaptors and what not, some new gaskets and billet line clamps, and some nice NOS parts for the golf.

Also been offered to trade my American Racing twists (the shiny ones above) with some Mim 1900's/G60 steels or a half leather interior from a Seat adapted to fit a mk1. Not too sure what to go for but will get some pichers up when i do!

Swapped the twists for something with a bit of dish

6A93E337-1B16-4FEC-8615-84210A39E50E-689

15x7J ET13, should fill the arches up a bit better without rubbing.

Just waiting on the distributor to arrive so I can get that fitted too :)