• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

finally got a baja it's now here pics updated 18/Aug/12 p3

carsonkev

just payed for a brand new baja off ebay minus the tx and rx hopefuly the sale wont fall through hes asking me to pay half his fees witch is against ebay policies

but for now ive got a baja on its way

what are they like out the box any thing that will need looking at before i run it

here it is http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1497.l2649

kev

Edited by carsonkev
  • Like 1

There ok out of the box mate. Only things you NEED to do would be add a kill switch. As for recommended mods the stock clutch carrier wont last 5 mins so best to swap that over for an alloy carrier, outerwares on things like air filter and pull start. Things like clutch bell mod will help. Then just bits and pieces as you see fit. The 23cc motor isnt bad its high revving but lacks torque so is not the best on grass I would be inclined to stick a head kit on it. If you take that route have a look at a nice 28.5cc head kit its a good alrounder. Then just mod to strengthen it and tart it up as you like.

Nice one kev. Well no need to tell you about kill switch. I would say side guards to stop stuff getting into car, windows, roll cage mod tubes and depending on exhaust you going to run a good back bumper. Oh front chassis under brace if you going to jump it and maybe front bumper. With every car as you know just give it a good once over

Nice one kev. Well no need to tell you about kill switch. I would say side guards to stop stuff getting into car, windows, roll cage mod tubes and depending on exhaust you going to run a good back bumper. Oh front chassis under brace if you going to jump it and maybe front bumper. With every car as you know just give it a good once over

ill be making some carbon fiber goodies for it stebro would carbon be ok for the front chassis brace i can laminate a relly thick one ill have a good look on the for mods to do not sure what the roll cage mod is ?

Also might be an idea to do a mesh mod on the engine to protect the fly wheels or they do an outwares now for the block

ill do the mesh mod the carson distroyed a fly wheel never heard owt like it when one fin goes they all jump ship :sweeeet:

Bajas are a bucketload of fun. don't handle that well, or stop that well ( mine doesn't!! ) but for some reason, they are just plain FUN.

I have got pretty attached to mine in a way that I never did with the FG clone, Sandrail, or any other car I own tbh. I have crashed it more, broken more bits on it, and I just don;t care. It keeps running and coming back for more. Has taken me a year near enough to get it how I want it, but was worth every penny :)

Mark7616 I'm goner keep it standard for now and get it broke in on the 23cc then I'll drop an exhaust on it. I've got a cy engine that I've been doing some diy porting on too( following the guide on the baja forum) chances are that will go boom but who knows it might end up in the baja :)

I don't think he's got any more at that price theres nothing in his shop judging by his feedback hes more of a buyer than a seller

Can wait till it shows up :)

The parcel force guy dropped the baja off next door today I was in bed bloody nightshifts heres a few pics the dog took a huge interest when I was un warping it

77714625.jpg

And one of the baja supprised at how much stuff you get tools and oils filters got a huge bag of stuff with it

c1a7d3a4.jpg

Well happy with it for

Edited by carsonkev