• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

hyper 7 .28 or x1x-cr ?

Hyper .28 or X1X-CR?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What buggy should i get?

hi folks just about to purchase my new basher

http://www.modelspor...-products/33428

or

http://www.modelspor...-products/24519

was told on a prev post that the hong nor 1x-cr was the best buggy rtr

is the x1x-cr tougher than the hyper 7 .28?

im just going to be bashing so want bottom end grunt for jumps.

also can you get a 2 speed gearbox for all of them?

any help appreciated just tad worried about getting spares in the uk for the x1x-cr

Edited by funkymonki

i cant comment on any of them two as i dont have them , but i do have a hong nor crt truggy and the parts are very easy to get hold of as there is a shop on ebay that stocks them all,

not been much help but i do my best

regards

Michael

as said spares for either are easy enough to get in the UK

i prefer the hong nors myself as they are tougher imo

if you do decide on the hyper go for this one

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobao-hyper-7-tq-black-edition-rtr-2012-spec/rc-car-products/30403

If you get the Hyper you will be better off waiting a little while, the new upgraded version is out in January:

Hobao releases a new edition to its long time best selling 1/8 nitro buggy, the Hyper 7 TQ. Numerous areas have been either upgraded or redesigned for easy tuning, strength and a fresh look. The current four Hyper 7 models, TQ21, TQ28, TQB and Hyper 7.5 will be discontinued starting January 1st 2012.

7TQ-DM.jpg

Edited by wiggy2k7

thanks for the advice folks

i really think ill be going for the x1x-cr was just worried about buying something that ends up a nightmare trying to get parts for.

the new hyper 7 looks good al wait and see what the new tq model is like.

But the dilema im facing is that Modelsport have the X1x-cr for

the electronic's in the hyper are better i'd get the current black edition (16mm) as it has bigger big bores then the new 2012 spec (14mm) and its still got savox servos. liking that forward cab shell on the new one! :sweeeet:

I have had both and although I did love the hyper it didn't compare to the Hong nor, the quality on the hn is great, difficult to explain but everything just feels so much nicer when you work on them.

If the X1X-CR is anything like the X1-CRT then I don't think you will be needing to buy many spare parts. They are built like tanks :good:

Better quality than the Hyper, and just better all round.

Thing I love about the Hyper is the abundance of spares and how cheap they are!

They are just cheap and cheerful, and seriously quick if you put a good powerplant in :D

I've bought a few upgrades for mine only because someone was selling them cheap on another forum. None of them were really needed as the car is pretty tough in stock form but if I had to pick one i'd say the CNC f/r centre chasis braces. The only other thing i'd do is put oil in the diffs. Other than that i'd leave it stock and upgrade when things break. The only thing I've damaged on mine was the front shock tower which will bend if you land upside down.