• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

how to make your car more controllable in mid air?

harry8324

Hi just wondering how i can make my hong nor x2cr (buggy) more controllable in mid air, i would like to do some backflips and just on the odd occasion when i hit a ramp wrong there is not alot of adjustment that can be made in mid air for example if the rear come up for a nose dive in would apply throttle and it only slightly changes the angle of the car? why is this?

hope that made sense :unsure:

Cheers H

You need a ramp with the right angles

You need speed :

Hit ramp , at a good speed ,

Leave off throttle a sec, therm slam full throttle

Thus will then trust the car in the the air

It's all about , throttle , breaks , timing , ramp. Etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXiL5g4cicU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Certain jumps such az mini jumps with micros (brushless ) are as simple as full throttle. All the way up ramp trough to landing

It's reslly easy and doesn't take much work wen masterd the technique really

It's just sense

All depends on the size of the wheels really, On a monster truck you can change the position of the truck lots in the air where as with a buggy with smaller wheels you can't as much.

I tend to hit the ramp leave the throttle on as i leave it and then push the throttle in which ever direction i need be also remember you can affect the sideways tilt with your steering.

Agree with Dom, quick punch of throttle once left the ramp its easier to level with the brakes last minute than to try to recover a nose dive using throttle with light buggy wheels if your nose diving look to make changes to your shocks as the X2CR is a pretty stable buggy and should fly pretty flat. As for backflips big ramp (kicker) and keep the throttle on...but good luck the X2CR's not really made to do this...it wants to jump flat, smooth and far

• Like 1