• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

My electrics are waterpoof and my receiver is in a sealed box so, all I do is remove the batteries, put a money bag over the battery connector with an elastic band and hose it down.

Bet that weighed a bit [emoji3] 

Oh it did!

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, stretch said:

Oh no not wd40 in bearings.

Yeah... I can vouch for that... WD40 washes away any grease that may have been in there...

Gave the Super 5sc Flux a quick run in the street, 5S and she ran sweet as. Pinion came loose on the first pack, reapplied red threadlock and had a second go. Topping out at about mid thirties, but with quick acceleration. 

Happy days. 

Just now, Tug said:

reapplied red threadlock and had a second go 

Hiya Tug,

I'm still picking stuff about about things like this.

When you say "red threadlock," what brand is that?

And I thought that you had to wait for 12 hours or more for full strength to be achieved. Is this red stuff ready to go in minutes?

cheers

andy

4 minutes ago, andy_m said:

Hiya Tug,

I'm still picking stuff about about things like this.

When you say "red threadlock," what brand is that?

And I thought that you had to wait for 12 hours or more for full strength to be achieved. Is this red stuff ready to go in minutes?

cheers

andy

My preferred brand is Pacer. Check Modelsport, they stock it. 

I usually allow at least 24hrs. 

Ask away, it's a forum. 

7 minutes ago, russruss123 said:

Thanks for the link Russ :)

7 minutes ago, Tug said:

My preferred brand is Pacer. Check Modelsport, they stock it. 

Thanks Tug, I'll look that up.

I'm currently using Loctite 248, which I thought would be handy in a stick form, but I've had at least one fail with is, although that's probably more down to "user error."

http://www.loctite.co.uk/loctite-4087.htm?nodeid=8802623553537

5 minutes ago, andy_m said:

Thanks for the link Russ :)

Thanks Tug, I'll look that up.

I'm currently using Loctite 248, which I thought would be handy in a stick form, but I've had at least one fail with is, although that's probably more down to "user error."

http://www.loctite.co.uk/loctite-4087.htm?nodeid=8802623553537

Be sure to degrease first. Then leave it to fully cure. 

Also worth drilling a small hole in motor shafts for the grub screw to seat in to. This also allows for more thread of the grub screw to mate with the pinion thread, more surface area etc. 

First multi car bash of the year. Put a pack through the Aggroshot, first time for ages! No major problems, even after it was picked up twice by an 18 month old Staffie. Her owners thought I was gonna flip but I was laughing too much. That was one quick dog! 

Next out of the boot was Bugsy, he was positively flying up and down, paying no mind to the broken front body posts that led to the occasional SCT moment lol. Was jumping and bashing quite happily until the front left wheel seized solid. I carried him back to the car and undid the nut. After a bit of a struggle the wheel came off with the hex, drive pin and outer bearing............ 

So, Boudicca got an outing, she's performing much better now with the Double Deuce foams in the tyres. I didn't run her for long cos it wasn't the right terrain for a rock racer. 

Having decided to go back to racing, i've made up my mind on what car to go for, but that'll have to wait for sufficient funds before purchasing.

So i've started buying up lower cost stuff that i'll need to get running, starting with two full sets of black DE Racing truggy wheels.

16 minutes ago, Nic01 said:

Who repairs them?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

They're both MGM ESCs and are going to the Czech Republic. 

There is a guy in Birmingham that repairs ESCs, but not if it's a pile of ash.