• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Took the hyper for a bash and didn't lose any bolts,gotta love thread lock :)

Tried to fly the hubsan down the park and failed, way too windy

Soldered up some new charge leads, discovered a broken front bulkhead on the HB so replaced it and the C Hub, swapped more stock screws for hexes and fashioned a crude, but hopefully effective, front shock tower brace.

Charged up lipos for the micro truggy, whilst equipping it with a tbr front bumper and steering arms, time for a wee bash :)

• Like 1

Bashed the ally-Maxx again, took multiple cartwheels in her stride without complaint. I did split the shell which is a shame, but nothing else broke. I dropped two teeth off the pinion and this dropped temps down on the combo to approximately 50C each. Not bad for 5s.

bashed from 9 till 5. 

Nice one 

I got about 4/5th's of a tank through my baja before the shock seals (rear) blew out :(.

Think I also killed the clutch spring  :xd:  (it engages to early, doing 30 seconds of doughnuts does tend to heat the clutch up a little so...)

CBA replacing the clutch spring, will just fix the shocks and run it again tomorrow.

What steel spur? Got a link?

Came from the states in 6 days total, very nice part. Just as quiet as a perfectly meshed plastic gear but so much stronger. The one I brought is Ebay no. 360966184706

Be mindful mine is a nitro converted, if yours is a proper proper E Revo you will need a mod 1 pinion as well.

Trimmed and filed another piece of aluminium for a bonnet... all looked perfect until I looked at it head on and I realised it was wonky and so I had trimmed about 3mm too much one side!  Third time lucky I guess...

Swapped the trackstar (ezrun) 60a combo over from my truggy to the tc3 and rebuilt the shocks fro the tc3 because they haven't been touched in about 13 years. Also remembered how annoying the metric screws are...and that I only have 35wt shock oil which I'm sure is too thin for the tc3. Still, it's better than shocks that are half filled with gunk.

Gave the 8ight-Te a bash... Flies better than expected (better than the buggy IMO)... Stripped the stupid plastic spur that Losi provides in the conversion kit... LiPos drained too quick for my liking :lol: around 10 minutes of reasonable bashing and they are down to 3.8v per cell.

Think some 6,000's are required when I find some suitable :)

Gave the 8ight-Te a bash... Flies better than expected (better than the buggy IMO)... Stripped the stupid plastic spur that Losi provides in the conversion kit... LiPos drained too quick for my liking :lol: around 10 minutes of reasonable bashing and they are down to 3.8v per cell.

Think some 6,000's are required when I find some suitable :)

Could it not be a bit over geared ? How's the temps

tapatalk