• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Fitted a swaybar kit to my Savage. Combined with the HPI suspension conversion kit, IRC LCG tvps and Big Joes/offset wheels I've done the impossible: made a Savage handle :D

Edited by DreXeL

It was Savage XS day today :D

Fitted my new warranty replacement 'Vapor Pro' (lives up to its name!) ESC into the Savage XS and tested it around the garden.

Soldered Deans connectors onto 3 packs of Turnigy 5000 nano-tech 35-70c batteries (they can just about squeeze into the Savage XS battery compartment!)

Fitted ground assault tyres all around so it might get some traction!

Washed and furniture polished the body shell.

... that's about it.

replaced a rear drive shaft on the Stampede, which annoyingly let go when testing the clutch setting yesterday!!!!

Replaced one of the centre driveline yolks on the Maxx and gawped in amazement at the deformity to the old part

Am about to tackle the Rustler - RPM rear shock tower (the original feels so flimsy) and the Slash steering bellcrank mod, the fit a heat sink and fan to the Slash, which will involve re-routing wiring

oh, and the air is filled with the hum of 2 chargers happily filling up Lipos for the weekend :thumbsup:

got my 6.5mm castle connector on the motor and esc, re wired the battery plug on the esc too, ditched my ec3 plugs for deans on 2 lipos

jobs for tomorrow............

put new bullets on my esc/motor for the club 500

get the hyper (eleccy conversion) running at long last

Made a new Spoiler and deflectors for the rear axle to stop crap getting on the drive shaft area.

All made from Kydex which is brilliantly easy to use! Not sure how well the deflectors are going to work, but the original spoiler is so flimsy it cracked after only a couple of rolls.

Will be looking to add a sheet under the chassis to give it a bit more protection and stiffen it a bit.

IMG_8181.jpg

IMG_8178.jpg

IMG_8179.jpg

• Like 1

refitted my engine and a nice K&N filter with volesty mount fitteing on my leopard, fitted some top shell mounts as thay was missing when i got it, and marked in the places i wana mask off on the shess before i get ready to paint next week

and im painting it ford focus electric orange :)

Installed a larger pinion to my e-muggy, and also installed some motor fan/heatsinks, and gave the electrics a general tidy up :)

Edited by DreXeL

cooling?

It was a toss up between cooling and hitting the motor and spur gear. I've already got a chunk out of the motor, and the spur is open to the same thing.

The ESC has a fan on it and the motor has fins in its design. I've put some holes in the shell to add a little cooling but perhaps some more may be required.

I've seen plenty of other chassis bottoms with no holes in so am pretty confident it'll be ok. I've not 'tuned' it much either.