• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Got cross with em - stripped, checked and rebuilt umpteen times trackside.

On a plus found Hyper ST Pro cnc knuckles are a good swap for HPI Trophy cast alloy cheese - LHS had told Trophy owner there was no option of an upgrade so that was a plus.

Also 'manufactured' this for the ST, credit to another owner here for the idea, Orange Rx fits snugly inside too:

19443916495_e98e946888_o.jpg

You'll have to forgive the yellow servo horn!  It's all I had spare, ruddy Savox and there odd splines.

Looking good, I painted one of my S-workz body's in a similar green and its very striking on track. :)

Thanks Neil, I wasn't sure on the colour when the cans first arrived but was blown away when I tried it on the lean off cuts - especially backed with white she really pops in the sun!

I shouldn't have trouble spotting it at the far end of the Herts track anyway!

Stripped the X1 CRT conversion back down, wasn't happy with sound from rear diff and felt a little tight.  Diff internals fine, re-shimmed diff in case and it's better - still has it's own tone but rolls even more freely.  Guess we'll see how it likes brushless soon...

Waiting until 5pm to leave work and then taking the flying machines out on the coast. Then if i can be bothered do the diffs in the micro and wire up a new video receiver for my Quanum goggles.

Thanks Neil, I wasn't sure on the colour when the cans first arrived but was blown away when I tried it on the lean off cuts - especially backed with white she really pops in the sun!

I shouldn't have trouble spotting it at the far end of the Herts track anyway!

Nice! I was at Herts on Sunday and the dirt track is awesome. :D

After 7 years of service I decided to give my Firestorm a bit of a refurb: new top deck (I had buckled the original somehow!), new servos, new diff case & bearings, new brake disk & pads, engine bolts, exhaust gasket & air filter.

Just like new again! :)

Gave the Aqroshot its first bash in an open space. It's a hoot. Just quick enough on 2s with a 15t 550 can.