• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lipo Order from HobbyKing

SamUk

Hi All,

My HP Vorza flux will should be here on the 15th December - A great early Christmas present from myself!

I want to order these batteries and charger from HobbyKing:

Now they do take there time in replying to questions,

1. Has any ordered from Hobby King before?
  2. Did you have to pay any tax when the items arrived to the UK?
  3. How long did the delivery take?

Thanks

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__17265__Turnigy_nano_tech_6000

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__17253__Turnigy_nano_tech_5000

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__11961__Nylon_T_Connectors_10_Pairs_20pc_.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__6478__IMAX_B6_AC_Charger_Discharger_1_6_Cells_GENUINE_.html

To answer these

1. Yes

2. No, but then it's pot luck really, some people do and some don't, so be prepared

3. From Hong Kong usually takes about 2 weeks, usually once the order's shipped there's a tracking number so you can keep tabs on where it is

Although the batteries you've listed aren't available from there, ordering from the German warehouse, if possible, is better as delivery is a couple of days rather than weeks.

i have ordered from them loads! putting in an order today or tomorrow for lipo's myself.

as long as u put the customs declaration at 10% u wont get any u charges! ;)

and postage from the HK factory usually takes anywhere from 1 week - 6 weeks, i had an order take 6 weeks b4 but that was during chinese new year

Great products for the prices.

Hit and miss as to whether you pay tax, my first order got hit; my second didn't.

If you've just ordered; I wouldn't expect it to arrive before Christmas.

I ordered lipos and an ESC just before Christmas last year and thanks to the gits at Parcel Farce not bothering to send me the customs letter for over a week; I didn't get the goods until late January from memory, along with a harsh "handling charge".

I paid Hobbyking for the Express delivery as well; wished i'd have just gone standard as it wasn't picked up from their warehouse in any hurry due to the Christmas pressure.

Order cheapest postage and wait it out is my advice ;)

Any other time of the year and they are fine, I've ordered again and had no speed issues

1) Yes - 2 Lipo

2) Nope - I ordered both of them seperatley, spare cash after bills each month so they below the import tax threshold.

3) Depends 1st order was using the 'Royal Mail' service, it took 5 weeks. The second I used the Int Airmail and it took 2 1/2 weeks.

Hi,You can make a lipobag out of 2 zippy bags & some sand.Put the sand in the bags,place lipos between the bags,If the lipo goes wrong,the bags'll melt & the sand suffocates the fire :) If you use the bit in the HK order form that asks what value you want the customs "service" to know about,make that less than

Ah ok then.

Get them from eBay then, not Tower Hobbies lol.

Hobby kings do not have the battery in stock..and said 4 week for the delivery in the end.

i have ordered the batteries from Tower Hobbes - will be here next week with the car

Get the Lipos from ebay then Sam as linked to in the Vorza owners thread.

too late...i am still trying to get through that thread.. lol

batteries have been ordered..

Hobbyking aren't bad, certainly offer good value for money, but they take a frustrating amount of time to actually get their fingers out and get the things out of the bloody warehouse, even when it's in stock!! Most places actually ship the same day you order, or next day at the latest, HK take 3 days just to 'process' the order before it even leaves their warehouse....

I've been lucky so far. But the only reason I use them is that they are SOOOO much cheaper than anywhere in the UK. 5000mah 4S hardcase $21 + shipping. If there was a Hobbyking store where I could just walk in and get one for even double that price I'd buy loads.