• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

How do you align a nitro engine properly

Jason1974

you need to place the engine i place first and just ip up the adjusting screws to hold it in place. then get a sheet of standard a4 paper cut a thin strip off then slacken the screws off place the paper in between the clutch bell teeth annd the spur gear teeth and tighten the screws.then take out the paper and push the buggy forwards and backwards. it should run smoothly if not and the teeth grind slacken it off a touch, if it is set right you should be able to hold both clutch bell and spur gear and there should just be a couple of mm of play

• Like 1

You want to get maximum overlap. I know I have had some fun lining up as different clutchbells seem to vary lightly.

If your clutchbell teetch are not fully on the spur you will wear it out quicker...so just make sure you have maximum overlap front/back and that the clutchbell doesn't rub on the spur.

Sort that and mesh as above and you will be running nicely :)

• Like 1