• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Decent engine on a budget?

Joshyjol

Hi, just got a second hand hyper ST and the engine it came with was a go .21 and it's certainly past it, the conrod has a nice big chuck missing, don't know how it happend but I want to upgrade. So I need advice on a decent engine the doesn't hurt the bank too much, I've seen the ansmann .28 on the model sport shop but are they any good? Cheers!

I got a pair of STS .28's in my Truckzilla, and I am quite impressed with the quality considering the price! Had to seal both as they were leaky from the outset, but they are easy to sort. Power output is good. Took a bit of running in as they were very tight to start with....but I have had worse....and paid more for it :)

It's a rebadged Force .28 motor. Not bad engines, but there have been some duds that didn;t last long. I have a Force .32 in one of my trucks, and its a strong motor. Taken a lot of abuse and stil going strong. I had some air-leak problems with the fuel lines that caused it to get quite hot a few times, but it has shrugged that off and kept on going.

Unless you are unlucky and get a bad one, they go well.

without a shadow of a doubt i think the best engine allround value for money performance and easiness to tune has got to be the lrp z21r engine i have one in my hyper 7 and it goes like stink. if you look around you can get it for about

if you were racing then 21 is all you would be allowed anyway

you can't race a hyper st most other truggies that race are about 1.5kgs lighter