• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Beginners car

JMOSS72

Hi,

I am new to the forum and i would like to ask for advice.My son wants RC car, i am a bit lost with the amount of cars on offer and would like to know peoples opinions on getting a complete car and radio gear for around £150. I would like it to be able to upgrade parts on it at a later date.

Thanks

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/ansmann-racing-mad-rat-2.4ghz-rtr/rc-car-products/33535

Scroll down for the combo deal... £143 for EVERYTHING you'd need to start in R/C.

Spend a bit more for a better charger, which will cope with Lipo batteries, and it'll cost less if he upgrades to brushless motor.

How old is he? Most kids love monster trucks, depending on their age. :thumbsup:

Somthing like this? http://www.modelspor...roduct_id=38122

Decent begginers car, looks great, comes with radio battery and charger. Ive been tempted by it many times, but Ive fixed my mind on savig up. :sweatdrop:

Or, if the type of car doent matter, then an HPI E-Firestorm would be great. Indestructable, but youd need to fork out for batteries and charger, plus the car itself is over budget, but thats just part of the hobby! :yes:

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-e-firestorm/rc-car-categories/18/9900/990010&ChassisID=474

Edited by Cheese85

hi

im pretty new myself but i started off with the kit mad rat from modelsport which i built with my ten year old to give him a little insight into how it all works. obviously you need to buy the radio gear ,charger and battery as well but if your prepared to buy some bits off ebay it can be well in budget. (we fitted it with proper bearings while we were at it ,about ten pounds) the shocks leaked so had to upgrade those too. opinions are a bit divided about the mad rat on here but i think for the price its a great little buggy and fairly quick. vapextech do some good quality batteries

we have since also got a firestorm flux which is pretty much indestructable to be honest . my four year old pins the throttle and runs after it when we go for walks whilst i shout "do the steering"!! he cant do both at the same time with his little hands and its been crashed endlessly but just keeps going and we havent broken anything yet. jespares do a good deal on the older model firestorm which is the one we got.

i"m sure you"ll have fun with whichever you choose. good luck !