• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Thought On The Cyclone Pro Nitro Rc?

Mainie

Hello :)

Just wondering what your guys thought are on my first choice of a Nitro Rc Car?

If you dont no what one is either check my profile photo or google (y)

Any thought and tips will be a great help

Thank you :)

You mean the acme cyclone pro? Yea, great car. I had mine for only a month or two, but i had such a great time with it. There are a few problems though. The main one being the rear diff tends too strip over time, i didnt have mine long enough to have this problem, but i did with my other acme models with the dame diffs. Other than that i found it a great car, i put fastrax slick tyres and wheels, this transformed the handling and agility. The infinity 15 only has one mixture adjuster that ment you had to compromise lowend for topend etc but went well though and started within 2-3 pulls. I would buy one again if i had the opotunity. The reason i sold mine was due to the fact i wanted a 1/8 buggy so i then bought a acme attacker, then got liking 8th's so then bought a rex x. I would reccomend a set of wheels and tyres as a good upgrade, but thats about it. Have fun!

Thanks for your feedback :)

Im a complete newb to all this so i did some research to goodish begginers cars and thats what came up i brought it yesterday hope it arrives by monday at work :) ive orders my failsafe for it as ive been told thats the best thing to do incase of the radio signal cutting out so thats sorted im also thinking about buying a new shell? does it come pre built the shell or will it invole being made if you no what i mean? i will be buying white spray paint and then spray paining the bonet black with hopefully some nice black wheels if you find any good black wheels for this model can you please send me the link via this thread

Thank you very much :)

Where did you buy it from and is it new? You can either get a rtr version or the kit version, if its the pro then its rtr mate. Do lots of research on tuning and glow plugs etc and if you have any issues then give us a shout. Look on msuk site to see what wheels you want, i wouldnt sray anything, just get some nice wheels for it. You would be better off buying a alloy pipe aswell instead of that plastic one, pipes are £10 on ebay so not pocket breaking tbh. Get some decent fuel for easy tunign, msuk will ship it to you for £6 i think. Opti fuel 20% and byrons 20%. If it is new you will have to break in the engine (running it in), do you know what this is? Basically you need to bed in the piston as there are many tight spots especially the piston and sleeve. So two tanks on blockes running at very low rpm's and keep it rnning very smoky (rich). Also it has a plastic clutch, dont run it slowly for too long on the groundother,other wise it will melt.

wow, thats alot to take in :) basically i've brought it from ebay, the guy that sold it to me for £140 said its never been used before basically brand new unwanted present his wife brought him last week so hes selling it on, he posted it yesterday so im guessing it should arrive at my work place early monday morning, im completely new to rc nitro cars i have used a petrol one in the past but because i was only 16 back then i didnt really have much due care and attension for it, however now im almost 21 i would like to start it all back up so i did some researching on nitro cars and found this bargin i suppose you could say the pack i brought comes with, starter glow plug set,1/2 gallon of fuel which looks to be 16%? the controlle and obv the car i also have invested in the failsafe which should arrive monday also, for the first week or so im just going to get the feel for the car and how it runs then i'm going to need to find something online on how to look after them ect hopefully then entering races when i've upgraded it, but thanks alot for the help and ill be sure to keep you in mind if i need any sort of help with the car :) if you have msn? feel free to add me at: [email protected]

Thank you again!

Would you recommend theses sort of wheels for the Cyclone Pro?

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/ansmann-racing-20-spoke-wheel-tyre-set-black/rc-car-products/37486

If so ill be buying them :) im hoping to buy a new shell :) spray it with the primer,then white,leave that to dry,then black bonet,then leave that to dry, then finally adding the lacker at the end :) to make it look nice i've ordered some monster stickers aswell :) so ill need a 200mm shell?

Yes those wheels have good reviews, good price...buy them! Check out fastrax ones though. 16% is good. Im 14 nearly 15 and i have no care for the car, just how much it costs to fix, but i do take good care of them when im not bashing it. The pro has a 2 speed auto gearbox, did you know this? Will be very fast when set up right. Yes, 200mm shell, your plan looks good, get some plasticote stuff, thats the best. Will look good mate. MAke sure you pamper it though, thses lower budget cars do need care, although mine was fine for the time i had it. Good luck. Dan.

suppose but i'd still go for the rs3 evo+ every time

Yea if he had the money then he would of. Acme cars are good for people starting out and on a budget, but yer if you want a car to run hard and reliable every time then hpi,losi etc everytime.

• 10 years later...

Acme Cyclone. WHAT A CAR! 

Iv put aluminium lower arms 

Different weight oil in front & rear diffs & shocks. The sh18 engine was crap if fried it instantly (first nitro) I put a Vertex 18 THE PULL START EATERS. No it has a rota & is reliable as hell. Had it 4yrs & there's little play on suspension parts