• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi 8ight Owners club

36racing

Hi, I'm considering getting a losi 8ight but just want a bit of advice first please?

Is there much difference between the 8ight 2.0 and 8ight 2.0e? And if I bought the 8ight 2.0e, can it be easily converted to electric?

Cheers

Do you mean the EU ?

The "e" on it's own normally stands for electric :lol: the EU however is the same as the 2.0 just has all the hop ups, all you need to convert it would be a conversion kit like this -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Losi-8IGHT-Electronic-Conversion-Kit-8B-8T-/140710702108?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item20c302ec1c#ht_2138wt_962

Hope this helps buddy :good:

Do you mean the EU ?

The "e" on it's own normally stands for electric :lol: the EU however is the same as the 2.0 just has all the hop ups, all you need to convert it would be a conversion kit like this -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Losi-8IGHT-Electronic-Conversion-Kit-8B-8T-/140710702108?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item20c302ec1c#ht_2138wt_962

Hope this helps buddy :good:

Yeah i meant the EU buddy lol! It's early in the morning ;)

Thanks for that info! The EU it is then

I Have justbeen out for my first run :thumbsup: maybe a bit damp on the grass but run well.................until a wheel fell off :xd: but I am happy with it :030:

http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e188/sebcoe18/?action=view&current=010.mp4

not great footage but will do :)

Edited by Sebcoe

Only just seen this, I have a Losi 8ight 1.0 Buggy, OS Vspec engine, jp-1 pipe, XP servos, DX2.0 radio gear and my shiny new shell that i dont want to run at all! ;)

well her she is!

IMG_20120302_205434.jpg

Hi to all in the owners club....

Found mine on Ebay a couple of weeks ago just in time for a birthday present to self. Gen 1 but unmarked save a few scratches to lower rear arms and stoneguards. Think it must've been a spare but they may have given up as came with

shed loads of spares, starterbox, DX3 times 2, temp gauge and all chargers...... V chuffed.....The Rossi had not been run.

Have only had time to do a couple of idle tanks on the box and looking forward to running in. Anyone with experience of this engine? Advice appreciated. It's a 21B special dated 2008. Be great to meet more of you. Great pics of the cars from all.

P.S. Bridgestone/Castrol stickers are mine as are my unused EB4 wheels. Just like the black..

Andy.post-25305-0-71691200-1331507401_thumb.jpost-25305-0-58923600-1331507472_thumb.jpost-25305-0-55548400-1331507511_thumb.jpost-25305-0-02214500-1331507550_thumb.j

In my set up I have 15K or 30K in the front, 50K in the centre and 5K in the rear

The main reason for this was to reduce ballooning of the front tyres and the nose on the ground more. It's certainly better than the buggy set up I was using when I first got it. (5,7,3)

In my set up I have 15K or 30K in the front, 50K in the centre and 5K in the rear

The main reason for this was to reduce ballooning of the front tyres and the nose on the ground more. It's certainly better than the buggy set up I was using when I first got it. (5,7,3)

Cheers m8

• 4 weeks later...

here we go a pic of my two losi 8s one on the left my racer one on the right my new one to use as a spare race car and my truggy in the middle and nitro rs4 drifter up front :-)520e4047-7b16-5356.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

here we go a pic of my two losi 8s one on the left my racer one on the right my new one to use as a spare race car and my truggy in the middle and nitro rs4 drifter up front :-)520e4047-7b16-5356.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I would scrap them all fella :harhar: