• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Any Ipswich/Suffolk Bashers?

stretch

Hi guys, we are still keeping an eye on this thread.we've both had car trouble and had a busy summer doing other stuff but hope to have the cars sorted very soon.

we would like to meet up again and catch up with you all soon. Evmk you are right there is more time in fixing and problem solving than bashing but we keep learning.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Mark and Myself haven't given up yet, just haven't really had the time this year + the weather was crap, to wet everywhere that we did try. They let the grass grow at Landseer and still haven't cut it, shame cause that really was the best local place that we had found. Chantry park is ok but it is to flat which is a real shame as it is only a stones throw from Mark and myself as we both live on Chantry Estate. Hoping to get some time in very soon but who know's. Anyone know what Joel or Jay are doing now ? Steve

Edited by steevie dan

Yeah shame they let landseer grow over but did hear some people complained about RC cars on it so the council may well have let it overgrow on purpose. Yeah Chantry's flat but it's good just to get out for an hour or so. Don't know what Joel's up to but speak to Jay every now and again and he's still in the hobby.

Yes i figured it had something to do with the rc cars being on there, i got Joels number here i'll have to phone him and see whats what with him then. Where on the park do you go then we used to go on the bit at the back of the fishing pond and park car near the cricket pavillion. As for Jay i haven't heard anything from him for a long time.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well..... this thread has died a slow death lol

Its come to that time again when the weather has started getting better so I think its time to start arranging some bashes!

From the weather report, this Sunday (10th) is looking nice so I will be heading out with the rc car, not sure of a location as of yet but its my plan to be out lol

Anyone else free this weekend?

I'm thinking we need to see a show of hands, who is still bashing in this area?

I agree mate, I've been missing it lol

I wouldn't mind checking out Chantry park but I don't think they will like it if I start tearing up the grass ^_^

I did stop of at Claydon the other day to just see what the ground was like and it seemed quite flat, well relatively weed free anyway! Lol

Did you ever try Bobbits Brian?

Why not bring the XS out to chantry? I could bring a ramp as well.

No haven't tried bobbits maybe we could head down there?

Lol The XS is not running mate, only using the Baja as just finished building another one :)

I'm going o go and check out Bobbits later and see how much its grown since I was last there........

Lol The XS is not running mate, only using the Baja as just finished building another one :)

I'm going o go and check out Bobbits later and see how much its grown since I was last there........

STILL not running lol, 2 bajas! did you manage to get to bobbits?

we are still keeping an eye on this thread and would like to see you guys again soon .

my lads car is waiting for a new motor which will hopefully come today,if we are fixed and the weathers ok

we will be up for sunday .

be good to see you again mate, I might have a spare brushed motor if you get stuck.

I did make it to Bobbits and its ok down there, it would be good on days like today because its gravel in a lot of places so water is not an issues there, well that and there is shelter in a few places.....

I did also pop down to Claydon yesterday but it was spare of the moment as wanted to run the Baja engine in, that involved me standing around for nearly an hour but didnt let you guys know as it would have been much fun for you lol

I was putting my bet on the weather being better today but it would appear I was very wrong! :xd:

Sleddriver, it would be good to see you and your lad back out again!

Is there varying terrain at bobbits? anybody up for a meet this saturday somewhere?

There is loads of different terrain at Bobbits mate.

We are heading down there later today around 2pm if anyone is free :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

come on then chaps time to start arranging some bashing

I don't think anyone is left mate! lol

Its been so long since anyone other then you and I have been out with the RC cars that everyone has lost interest!

I even believe Jay has sold all his cars now :(

Hey guys, I'm still about... not on here much but I do still have RC's... although nothing running atm. :( I sold the D8Te and the Mini 8ight but still have my MBX-6Te which is in the process of being rebuilt now, have the front and rear ends rebuild and on the chassis. Just need to sort the CD and few little bits to get it running. Still have the LST2, need a new Nitro engine for that though so won't be running that in the near future. I'm up for bashing once the 6Te is running but I think Bobbits is a little hardcore for a 1/8 Truggy... unless I win the lottery and get a Losi 5ive-T...lol Sent from my Paranoid Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by JayJ