• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Custom built SPI alloy rims with less offset anyone?

grumpygramps

Negative OS Chris? huh.gif

SPI's MT wheels are almost 100% positive OS, Laurence has asked if they could make the Pro stock rim with 50% positive OS (1/2 OS) as a special order, but I think all the orders will need to be the same..

..Is that right Laurence?

hmm might not be a goer for me then....my wheels' width are what helps make truckenstien a bit more stable...a deep offset would reduce width .and would foul my front shocks and swing arms.

I think people are getting a bit confused here... The diagram showing positive/negative offset isn't helping much either, tbh, as it's for 1/1 cars.

RC wheels take the measurement of offset from the outside edge of the rim to the face where the wheelnut sits.

So- Zero offset wheels have the nuts sitting on/as close as possible to the outside edge of the wheel and make the vehicle as narrow as it can be. Offset wheels have the nuts recessed inside the wheel to whatever the distance the offset is quoted as, and the greater the offset the wider the truck.

The wheels that I'm having made are going to have 1 inch of offset. That will mean they add 2 inches of width to the truck overall. Simples!

im up for this guys...

I need negative offset...my current wheels have about 20mm ...can i choose any design ?

The wheels will have a 25mm offset, so wider than your current ones. :good:

They all have to be the same design unfortunately.

I think people are getting a bit confused here... The diagram showing positive/negative offset isn't helping much either, tbh, as it's for 1/1 cars.

RC wheels take the measurement of offset from the outside edge of the rim to the face where the wheelnut sits.

So- Zero offset wheels have the nuts sitting on/as close as possible to the outside edge of the wheel and make the vehicle as narrow as it can be. Offset wheels have the nuts recessed inside the wheel to whatever the distance the offset is quoted as, and the greater the offset the wider the truck.

The wheels that I'm having made are going to have 1 inch of offset. That will mean they add 2 inches of width to the truck overall. Simples!

Oops, yeah your right there Laurence, I'll edit that post blush.gif

The wheels will have a 25mm offset, so wider than your current ones. :good:

They all have to be the same design unfortunately.

so...from inside edge of the wheel (the one that is nearest the truck when fitted...its 25mm to where the hex will sit ?

PS , what width are the wheels ? mine are around 120mm

Edited by barnetbasher
  • Like 1

Quick update..

The price on 10 he quoted me apparently includes shipping costs to the UK, so I've worked out exactly how much the wheels will cost per set, including import duties.

Maximum price will be

• Like 1

so...from inside edge of the wheel (the one that is nearest the truck when fitted...its 25mm to where the hex will sit ?

PS , what width are the wheels ? mine are around 120mm

From the outside edge to where the wheelnut will sit will be 25mm.. From the inside edge to where the hex will sit will be more, but I'm not sure exactly how much to be honest. The overall width of the wheel is around 2.5", so that minus the thickness of the centre plate leaves about 30mm, which I guess is what the distance from the inside edge of the wheel to hex is, roughly...

I think the wheels you're running at the moment must be some pretty wide ones! Is it the wheels themselves or the tires that are 120mm?

If this is how it'll work out (and the bonus of them being only £55 happens) then you've pretty-much convinced me I need to own a set. So, I suppose you can pencil me in too.

Brilliant! If we can get a few more people together then the price is a dead cert.. I'm up for buying a couple of sets for myself and at a push can cover the cost of some more on top, so with even a couple more names we're there :)

Can I put AJ, dirtyhabitz and Fluclear on a defo want list?

Edited by grumpygramps

They're doing a large run of 2.2" wheels at the moment, so it's going to be the middle of next month before they can make them. Payment needs to be made before production starts, so you've got about a month to get the finances sorted :good:

ETA of the fnished product over here is beginning of October.

Always found them a bit 'bling' for my liking, but the quality and life-time warranty is seriously tempting at that price....

Must....resist......

I'm tempted by this too gramps, can you pencil me in for a set. 1" offset, 17mm mount, right?

Will they fit on an erevo without any drilling? I'm using traxxas 17mm splined hubs. The whole in the centre looks small to me.

Edited by The Rev