• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

to the tidy ones out there, what do you use to keep spare parts etc in?

karlo888

I use the "really useful" box range, some of there kits also have divider trays to organise you parts :good: also those mini parts organisers (screw / bolt) trays you can get from homebase are pretty handy too :lol: for some of my larger spares use one of those stanley "brief case" type parts boxes with the tubs inside ......... again i find them pretty handy.............. not that i have OCD much :whistling:

I've only ever had 1/16 scale rc's so all the spare parts are small. I had a load of small fishing tackle boxes that wern't doing anything so all my spares etc go in them :)

Will prob buy a tool box from B&Q soon to keep it all in.

I use the multi-compartment fishing trays for small stuff like screws, washers, servo parts etc.

Bigger tackle boxes, the cantilever one's, for bigger parts.

Anything else lives on the garage floor. Saves having to look for it. Generally the part you need is the part you've just stepped on whistling.gif

i bought 5 sets of stanley toolboxes from Focus before it liquidised. (a 12" and a 12.5" in each set)

i basically have a labeled toolbox for each car.

makes it much easier to look for spares as it gets awkward trawling through random piles of RC bits from 5 different cars.

i bought 5 sets of stanley toolboxes from Focus before it liquidised. (a 12" and a 12.5" in each set)

i basically have a labeled toolbox for each car.

makes it much easier to look for spares as it gets awkward trawling through random piles of RC bits from 5 different cars.

Homebase were doing a pack of Stanley boxes, one large one and three smaller ones for about

I use the plastic containers that takeaway food comes in these days - put all the screws and things in to seperate bags and then keep all the boxes (labled) in a tool chest.

I don't have any spares for CRT as yet, but I had loads for CR. I have a big toolbox and I kept all spares in a smaller toolbox in bottom of my big one, and a few tubs that a chinese come in from takeaway (cleaned out obviously). I suppose it's just a case of finding a solution that works for you. Good luck.

Lee.

here is a pictuure of my stuff :)

DSC06212.jpg

DSC06211.jpg

DSC06210.jpg

lol in the far left you can see a blue rc car which is actually ontop of 2 small toolboxes and a storage container :)

Wonder why wife is giving me dirty eyes??:whistling:

half way through dismantling my second-hand stuff which arrived yesterday :( and see what I can use for another flux and get rid of the nitro stuff etc...

As I tell the wife... This is tidy... You should see me make a mess :blush:

IMG_3020.jpg

IMG_3021.jpg

IMG_3022.jpg

I have 4 builds under way at the moment, My first Baja 5b ss

A Savage XL with Bling

A newish Savage X with Bling but gets bashed

And finally a Savage X for a friend. :good:

Boxes and floor for the big stuff :rofl:

Compartment boxes for the small stuff

I have a big blue tub thats filled with about 5 other smaller boxes, then various bottles and tubes in a seperate tub at the side. Cars i keep my 1/8ths on there starter boxes, sat on a desktop. My Micros i keep in me bedroom